1963 Lawnboy auto mower

JohnBoy1

Threads
You got a very nice collection there. I was going to ask if you have ever had a snowboy but like the warden says she never got much snow in Texas.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 24

unclelee

Threads
You got a very nice collection there. I was going to ask if you have ever had a snowboy but like the warden says she never got much snow in Texas.

Not much need for a blower in the Big Horn....but a tiller would be nice.
Just haven't ran up on one yet.

unclelee

Threads
That's one fine automower you got there. It's hard to find one with the drive still in good working order.

The gears have some wear but still work good...when I do the restore on this one I will try to find them new.
This may be my Favorite Lawnboy so I want to do a couple practice restorations before I jump into this one.
Lee

Last edited:

unclelee

Threads

I found the right color discharge plate....lol...the more I look at it...the more I think I may just leave it unrestored...maybe just a new shroud decal

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think it's better to keep the original paint when it looks that good. :thumbsup:

unclelee

Threads

I think you are right.....I have made a couple tries to remove the shroud sticker using a heat gun....but no luck so far....any ideas

dewguy1999

Threads
Could try soaking it with some WD-40, if it doesn't damage or remove the paint. Or you could take a piece of dental floss, hold it taught like when flossing you might be able to work it behind it and then moving it back and forth get it to come loose. Or a combination of the two.

unclelee

Threads
I think I would be alright if I could just get the end started....and I did hit it with some WD40....didn't seem to effect it...I just don't want to mess up the paint.

dewguy1999

Threads
I think I would be alright if I could just get the end started....and I did hit it with some WD40....didn't seem to effect it...I just don't want to mess up the paint.

Razor blade?

unclelee

Threads
May have to try that....but I have been staying away from that idea so far...maybe if I am gental.