19 hp kawasaki engine stops running after it warms up

Don Juan

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 19 hp kawasaki engine stops running after it warms up
I have the 19 hp kawasaki engine and it starts right up when cold but after it warms up it will die. Can anyone help?

sjessen

Threads
I have the 19 hp kawasaki engine and it starts right up when cold but after it warms up it will die. Can anyone help?

If it is not fuel related it might the coils. How many hours? How long until it restarts? Does it try to run on one cylinder?

rlb auto

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have had the same issues. It could be electrical, but I would try these fuel issues first [there cheaper, and work more times than not]. loosen fuel cap, replace fuel filter, blow air through fuel supply line [before filter] back into fuel tank, remove fuel shut off solenoid [replace with same thread bolt], replace fuel line between filter to pump, and from pump to carb with a clear fuel line [to be able to see fuel flow, and air bubbles], and finally clean,and flush carb. I would do one at a time [probably in this order], and when problem is solved replace solenoid, fuel line, ect. with approved parts. Good luck. Please let me know if any of these work. After this it's coils, flywheel clearances, rocker arm clearances, or even a over heated valve. Good luck Rick

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you find that it is not a fuel problem and before you relace coils check this. Some Kaws have an ignition igniter, hooked into the ignition system. Just had one in, where this igniter was breaking down after warmup. Never had it happen before, but there's always a first time.