10550 with fresh Powder Coat

Crnbinder

Threads
Thought I'd share a project I completed last week on a 10550 I bought that would not stay running.
I completely stripped it down and sent the deck out to be sand blasted and powder coated I used RAL 6018 powder which is actually Kawasaki green and it's a pretty darn good match. Cleaned the carb and put in a Larger pilot jet. And used some scotch brite on the coil and flywheel magnets to remove the rust. Replaced all the wheels with commercial steel wheels. Reassembled and cleaned up all the parts as I put it back together it also got a brand new tri cut blade
The best part was after it was all back together and looking pretty good it started on the first pull and ran great so I mowed the lawn and got it dirty. That's what I built it for here's some pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 31

lewb

Threads
Nice job there, Those rear commercials really have good traction especially if you have to go up a hill.

jp1961

Threads
Awesome job, looks fantastic.

Jeff

onedivinemower

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mind if I ask how much for the blasting, and powder coat?

Crnbinder

Threads
Mind if I ask how much for the blasting, and powder coat?

I only had to pay for the powder a friend of mine blasted it at his work and I work for a company that powder coats parts so I bought 2 lbs of powder and probably have enough left to do two more