1045 PTO

lk00331

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all-

New to the site but have used many like this in the past to complete many of my projects. Because many professionsals and experienced people are so willing to help, it makes many DIY projects manageble. Now on to my problem. I bought a LTX 1045 about three years ago and have been pretty happy with it. A year or so ago I took the deck off to change the blades and am not sure what I did in the process of putting it back together but now my PTO engagement lever does not go back to its full (off) resting position. It sits about halfway between the "off" and "on" spots on the guide. The belt sits pretty loose on the pulleys when off and sometimes it will engage immediately, sometimes it takes 5-10 seconds before the blades get up to full speed, and other times I have to shut the mower down to realign the belt with the drive pulley. I have tried a new belt but when compared to one another they are the same length so that is not the issue. I have thought that maybe it's the PTO cable but that doesn't fix the PTO lever not coming back all the way. Did I somehow bend the lever? Maybe a combination of both? Any help is appreciated as it's becoming very frustrating.

Added a picture to give a better idea of where the lever is sitting when it is not engaged.

20130707_104939_resized.jpg

Last edited:

lk00331

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here's another pic of underneath. The arrow in the upper left points to the L bracket that is connected to the PTO drive lever that is seperated by a plate. As you can see the bracket is fully seated against the sensor and stop. I dont know what to do. Please help!

Snap30.jpg

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok not sure if yours is the same as mine but there is a cable goes from the lever to the deck and has a spring on the deck end. About 6 inches up from the spring is a plastic block that goes into a bracket on the deck and held in with a clip. Make sure it is on the right side and the clip is holding it in place.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

lk00331

Forum Newbie
Threads
I know exactly what your talking about and if I'm not mistaken it's dummy proof and can really go on one way. Maybe I'm wrong. I will look tomorrow. Thanks!

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I know exactly what your talking about and if I'm not mistaken it's dummy proof and can really go on one way. Maybe I'm wrong. I will look tomorrow. Thanks!

The blades not getting to full RPMs tells me the belt is loose.

Not saying your a dummy LOL but is the belt on right?

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

lk00331

Forum Newbie
Threads
yeah I believe it's on right. I can add another pic of how the belt sits when its not engaged. The belt being loose made me think that I somehow stretched the cable and that needs to be replaced but that doesnt fix the PTO lever not coming all the way back and didnt wanna waste money replacing parts that are fine.