Husqvarna Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

jim1fun1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm Jim,
Don't have anything much to say, just logging in on the page. I bought my Huskie last year and it replaced a very old Sears with a cast iron tranaxle and a Onan twin cylinder engine. So far the Huskie has surprised everyone. Although it doesn't have the lawn tractor rear tires, it's one model below, it still pulls admireably and mowes much better than my old sears. It's also my easier to control. I do need to build something to extend the hitch out past the rear tires so when I pull my leaf vac it can turn sharper, but that will be it for modifications.

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
I'm Jim,
Don't have anything much to say, just logging in on the page. I bought my Huskie last year and it replaced a very old Sears with a cast iron tranaxle and a Onan twin cylinder engine. So far the Huskie has surprised everyone. Although it doesn't have the lawn tractor rear tires, it's one model below, it still pulls admireably and mowes much better than my old sears. It's also my easier to control. I do need to build something to extend the hitch out past the rear tires so when I pull my leaf vac it can turn sharper, but that will be it for modifications.

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the forum! Glad you decided to join... which model Huskie do you own?

fredr

Forum Newbie
Threads
Howdy from East Texas!

Got a LGT2654 in 2008. A bit of overkill since I should have gotten something a bit narrower. She is used more for property cleanup dragging a a small trailer than cutting grass. The front yard is a bit rough so I leave the heavy stuff to the Kubota L3400. Its orange too!

Happyguy34

Forum Newbie
Threads
Getting ready for cutting grass!!! Have a Husqvarna YTH2348.............
Have recently noticed that it does not go as fast as it use to...like a belt or clutch pulley etc is slipping some...........any ideas??? Thanks, Jim

D

David Lipeles

I have a Husqvarna 702 1RD rear wheel that pulled up hills on my lot really well. However, at the end of the summer it was slipping and not pulling as well. Any advice for this season?

dodgermman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys im new just bought a husqvarna yth21k46 love it love the way it looks built great and i love the vent holes and hood scoop and the steering wheel i got a 21 kohler courage hyrdo tranny with foot pedals everything is greatttt but one problem not problem but apparently when i drove it at half idle it was fine:smile: but then i brought it to full throttle then drove it for 1 min then it started smoking under the tractor apparently the deck belt is sometimes catching and rubbing only on full throttle paint started to come of the pulley :eek: but im thinking since its brand new never driven the belt needs to be stretched no big deal let me know thx

Pete321

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi to everyone,

I am hoping somene has an older Husqvarna self-propelled mower. Mine is an H56srqc and is about 18 years old. Since the engine is still good I'd thought I'd clean it up. Now, because I'm not that bright, I can't remember where everything goes. Does anyone have a pic of how the controls on the handle fit. I can't seem to figure out how the traction control fits back on. There's a few pictures in my album of the problem.

thanks very much,

Pete

Last edited:

Pete321

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi to everyone,

I am hoping somene has an older Husqvarna self-propelled mower. Mine is an H56srqc and is about 18 years old. Since the engine is still good I'd thought I'd clean it up. Now, because I'm not that bright, I can't remember where everything goes. Does anyone have a pic of how the controls on the handle fit. I can't seem to figure out how the traction control fits back on. There's a few pictures in my album of the problem.

thanks very much,

Pete
Hi all, I did figure it out and get it working. I finally found a pic of the drive belt mechanism and found i had routed the belt incorrectly. all seems welll now, except for the carburator but that shouldn't be a problem as it is a Briggs and there's lots of info on them.

take care.

lynnreichert

Forum Newbie
Threads
I look forward to being a part of this forum. I have an 80 acre horse farm in Kentucky and have retired in this beautiful state. I have 6 riding mowers. I have a 2011 Craftsman 54' with the Briggs 26 hp engine, 2007 Husqvarna 2348 with a 48 inch cut and a Briggs 23 hp engine, a
Husqvarna 150 with a 42 inch cut and an 15 hp. engine, a Craftsman with a 42 inch cut and an 18 hp engine. I also have 2 vintage collectable riding mowers: I have a 1974 John Deere 57 with a 7 hp engine and a 36 inch cut. I also have a 1978 Simplicity Cavalier with a 10 hp engine and a 32 inch cut.

I try to do as much work on my own mowers as possible. Any help that I can get from this forum will be appreciated.

Pete321

Forum Newbie
Threads
that's quite a collection of mowers. hope you enjoy the forum

Pete