Good lawn care flyer

jakesteel22

Threads
What do you all think a few key things are to making a good lawn care flyer to get your company rolling for the year?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Short, sweet, easy to read, to the point

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
What do you all think a few key things are to making a good lawn care flyer to get your company rolling for the year?

How about Company name, your name, E mail address, contact phone number, hours of operation, what work you do and a price.
Personally I'd do business cards, there cheaper and you can carry them with you at all times cause you never know when they could be handy. I'm always having someone ask for a business card. IMO flyers are a one shot deal and costly even if done at home if your figure the cost of ink and paper for the printer plus your time. You can order a 1000 cards from Vista Print cheaper.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Big sign on the side of your truck & a bigger one on each side of your trailer.
On the back your name & contact details, on the side the work you do.
Bert used to leave a stack of fridge magnets on the bottom of his steel backed sign which people used to take.
If you want to spend a little more build a web page, make it smart phone friendly then pop a sq code box in the bottom right corner of every sign then ( lazy) Joe Public can flash you as they drive past and see who your are what you do, where you do it & how much you charge.
Do not put any details that will identify the actual location of your home or shop because thieves have i-phones as well ( usually some one elses ).
So write every things as you would to a friend, ( because people like dealing with friends ) first names , mobile phone numbers , email addresses , face book page web page url.
Put your lawn care tips there.
Unless some one is looking for the exact information in your flyer exactly when it arrives in the letterbox most people just get annoyed about the rubbish they have to clear out of their letterboxes so you will end up agrivating the very people you are trying to sell your services to.

As for your customers, that is different.
By all means write up a small ground care brouchure that is specific to the type of lawn & plants they have.
While this sound like a lot of work, it is not as much as it seems once set up as all you will be doing is pulling 15 relevant parragraphs together & printing them out

X-man

Threads
I agree with Ric and exotion.

The flyers that I have set up in my trailer park simply lists the services that I offer, my price for mowing, hours, and phone number/email.

My business cards, which I get from vistaprint, just have my name, email and phone number on it.

Both the flyers and the cards have my company name (obviously) and slogan on them.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I agree with Ric and exotion.

The flyers that I have set up in my trailer park simply lists the services that I offer, my price for mowing, hours, and phone number/email.

My business cards, which I get from vistaprint, just have my name, email and phone number on it.

Both the flyers and the cards have my company name (obviously) and slogan on them.

Don't get the generic grassy background had a customer show me 8 lawn care business cards looked exactly the same

X-man

Threads
Don't get the generic grassy background had a customer show me 8 lawn care business cards looked exactly the same

I don't use a background. Just plain white.

My flyers have a small clipart of a lawn mower on them but that's it.

Mikel1

Threads
How about Company name, your name, E mail address, contact phone number, hours of operation, what work you do and a price.
Personally I'd do business cards, there cheaper and you can carry them with you at all times cause you never know when they could be handy. I'm always having someone ask for a business card. IMO flyers are a one shot deal and costly even if done at home if your figure the cost of ink and paper for the printer plus your time. You can order a 1000 cards from Vista Print cheaper.

I agree with this except I like Got Print. Decals on truck & trailer is a good idea as well.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I agree with this except I like Got Print. Decals on truck & trailer is a good idea as well.

Magnetic signs work good as well and there cheap enough.

Mikel1

Threads
Magnetic signs work good as well and there cheap enough.

Yep, just make sure vehicle will accept it. Done a set of magnetics for a guy's car and they wouldn't "stick" to the door. We now ask when someone wants to order them if a magnet will "stick" to the door.
I seen last year a guy that had printed out a piece of cardstock with name & phone number on it, laminate it. He taped it to his truck, it was a lawn service.