Hustler yellow paint

mooch91

Threads
Reporting back: new deck on my mower as of last week. Came out beautiful and works just as good as before.

Only rub - dealer must have left my key on when they were working on the mower. I went from 129 hours to 163 hours at the end of the service.

mhavanti

Threads
Mooch, I had that happen to me with my dealer. His reply was, it didn't hurt the mower and just remember how many hours are not real when doing the service work on it and we have that happen all the time.

I was not a happy camper and told him so. He said, well there is nothing we can do about it and it is just not a problem for me. I feel he is full of crap. He is no longer a dealer in our little town. Thank goodness.

mooch91

Threads
Mooch, I had that happen to me with my dealer. His reply was, it didn't hurt the mower and just remember how many hours are not real when doing the service work on it and we have that happen all the time.

I was not a happy camper and told him so. He said, well there is nothing we can do about it and it is just not a problem for me. I feel he is full of crap. He is no longer a dealer in our little town. Thank goodness.

I kind of felt the same way when I saw what had happened to mine. I'm not yet done with my warranty service, so I intend to have them document the in/out difference on the paperwork at least. They mentioned something about getting a new hour meter and advancing it to the correct hours; not sure how that's done (hook it directly to a battery I suppose?). I don't expect they will follow through on that based on the way they were talking.

I thought I was being too picky until I thought about how I would have felt if my car came back from service with half of a year's mileage tacked on...

mhavanti

Threads
I'd contact the factory and ask them about that. I didn't appreciate the total disregard of their customer. Although, they may have been taking care of doing the same thing our local dealer did and that was to run you out of warranty.

Ours would put us off knowing I'd be gone months to a year at a time working for the government. Mine even with the extra six hours now only registers 34.8 hours after mowing once this year. The second dealer kept mine outdoors for 5 weeks during all the hurricanes last year. It came back with all kinds of scratches, scuffs, a punctured seat, and rust forming around all the frame holes. There are really good places of business and those that just don't give a damn.

I've found two of those and they are the two closest to me.

The original dealer sold out to a fella that has absolutely zero personality and barely will acknowledge you when you enter their door. Now with all that said, none of the problems were anything more than a few minutes of dealer adjustments and the factory was more than happy to oblige to make you and I happy. Shame on the dealer that doesn't take good care of their customers.

Hustler is a good quality machine and I do not feel badly at Excel Industries.

Good luch Mooch