Toro recycler 44" walk behind pto issues.

m7atsmith2gmail.com

Forum Newbie
Threads
How did you resolve this issue? Having the same thing--don't want to buy the part for 100.00 and find out it didn't solve the problem! Mine is a Pro Line 36"

Matt
I need help, grass is getting away from me with all this rain. It's a Kohler CV 12.5 with what looks to be a 15 amp clutch circuit (pull start) on a Toro ProLine 32" mower. Replaced rect/reg on Kenny's advice, 42 VAC at reg AC terminals, 0 VDC B+ to ground. Put original reg back in, same but the clutch will engage when I short relay contacts, but as Kenny advised, clutch gets hot. Observations so far; all switches check for continuity as does wiring, stator measures around .4 ohms with no grounds. Look forward to advice.

Rgds,
Dave

sidemouse

Threads
To troubleshoot this issue this mower's bail switch is normally closed, meaning the bail when depressed opens the connection... I would pull off one of those wires from the bail's safety switch, put a little tape around it to cover it good enough so it can't make accidental contact... Keeping in mind you have the clutch safety on override so it won't disengage at all, go and mow as normal and see how it works now. If it doesn't disengage anymore then your fault lies somewhere in the bail / switch safety mechanism not keeping full contact while you're operating.
When done testing you'll need to cut off the engine itself, then restore the connections.

The switch is a: Toro / Exmark / Scag / Oregon
Part # 1-740275 Seat switch
Part # 740275 Bail switch
Cub Cadet #'s 925-3166, 725-3166
Cross-referenced parts 506909601, AM104403, 121305X, 532121305, 7023354

Last edited: