The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Rog just needs more whiskey, the anti-gel for the body, after all nothing worse than driving over 1200 miles to get to warmer weather and end up freezing your arse off......:thumbsup:

Either that or some of my pappys home made vodka, it is good to be polish sometimes :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

HMMMmm That Right Kemosabe !! ... OK Paleface,.. pass the Fire-water !!

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

No hatred , just dissappointment, and defineately no political correctness so black is black & white is white & yellow is yellow.
Understandable attitudes in the 1800's , stupid in the 1900's , pigheaded arrogance in the 2000's.
I had to delay my departure for 2 days because of a bushfire in a place where 20 years ago the local boys burned every year, in small patches so the fire could not run far.
We got an ignorant bastard politician as head of the bush fire department & he stopped this practice, replacing it with massive full burns.
A slight change in the weather and these get away. When the bush regrows, it is so dense that you can not walk through it so can not mosiac burn ( as the black fellas did ) unless you bring in heavy equipment to clear or hundreds of people to cut down the 20' high 2 year old tress ( gums grow very quickly ) .
that's the same problem we have here in the county I live in, used to allow everyday folk to come in and cut up and remove downed trees for firewood, then the county crews would go in and clear the low brush, when a fire did start we could knock it down pretty quick....but the government decided it was a insurance risk to allow anyone on the state land so now when there is a fire, I'm out all day into tomorrow with the rest of the crew trying to contain and drown the fire.....

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

that's the same problem we have here in the county I live in, used to allow everyday folk to come in and cut up and remove downed trees for firewood, then the county crews would go in and clear the low brush, when a fire did start we could knock it down pretty quick....but the government decided it was a insurance risk to allow anyone on the state land so now when there is a fire, I'm out all day into tomorrow with the rest of the crew trying to contain and drown the fire.....

Half your luck if you can actually get to them and put them out.
Down here most of the native plants strike after a fire
So the burned ground will have thick scrubby brush to a couple of meters high.
Growing through this at spacing that can be as little as 6" apart will be the gums which grow tall & strait with a conical canopy, above the scrub.
Thus you get the fire at ground level , which ignites the oil bearing leaves of the scrub which in turn ignites the oil bearing leaves of the regrowth , which in turn ignites the canopy of the mature trees.
These fires are impossible to put out as they are burning 50' to 150' in the air and all you can do is to bulldoze a fire break then back burn from there onto the main fire.
Because the canopy fire can travel at speeds well over 60 mph you have to go a long way away to start the back burn then if the wind shift slightly you then have 2 fire fronts.
Once you get the canopy fire out you then have to go back & put out all of the ground fires caused by the burning canopy dropping ignition points down into the undergrowth below.

Yep,
Accountants or in our case meglomaniacs ignoring the real risks in order to save you from their imagined risks or elevate themselves to hero status.
And not meaning to be repetative but the previous inhabitants ( cause some don't like the work blacks ) had 50,000 years to work it out and find something that works but we reckon we are so much smarter we can work it out in less then 200 years.

In WA a local council banned black fellas from burning off cause it made the washing dirty.
Within 2 years the entire town was wiped out by wild fire, superiour intellegence ?
The very next year the WA government ( prior to federation ) made black fella burn off a criminal offence thus giving them an excuse to jail them where they ultimately died.

Bourk & Wills, famous white "explorers" starved to death in a region that supported thousands of natives but they point blank refused to eat black fellas food.
Their lacky King was not so proud or stupid and accepted the food the black fellas brought him so he survived.
We repaid the black fellas by killing nearly all of the tribe because they "allowed" Bourke & Wills to die.
The black fellas thought they were some sort of spirit people because they never collected nor ate any of the food they were standing in , some of which was even in the very tree they died under.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 173,656

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

GOOD Morning guys,
Everything OK this mornin with you Chuck ..??

the-three-most-romantic-words-to-say-in-the-morning-coffee-is-ready.jpg

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Mebby THAT'S how y'all say it Down East...............

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ne'er-do-well

Damn!! There always has to be a smartass that catches me up!! However!! I would ask you to note the 'grave accent' in the proper spelling of the word. Ne'er is pronounced "nare" where as Neer is pronounced "near".. That was the point I was trying to get across. You need the grave accent (').

Thanks Ron.....

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
ZERO POPULATION GROWTH or ZPG

Bert-Man,

In the late 1960s ZPG became a prominent political movement in the U.S. and parts of Europe, with strong links to environmentalism and feminism. Yale University was a stronghold of the ZPG activists who believed “that a constantly increasing population is responsible for many of our problems: pollution, violence, loss of values and of individual privacy.” Founding fathers of the movement were Paul Ehrlich, author of "The Population Bomb", Richard Bowers, a Connecticut lawyer, and Professor Charles Lee Remington. Ehrlich stated: “The mother of the year should be a sterilized woman with two adopted children.”

Unfortunately ZPG fell out of popularity here and in Europe, but by the early 70's was embraced in China. (With 1.3 billion people, what choice did they have?) At the time i thought the idea brilliant, but it goes against certain religious views.. (I won't go there for obvious reasons) and as I said, fell out of favor.. Sad that humans can be so damn dumb.. China, by the way, is expected to reach ZPG by the year 2030.

Roger

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Damn!! There always has to be a smartass that catches me up!! However!! I would ask you to note the 'grave accent' in the proper spelling of the word. Ne'er is pronounced "nare" where as Neer is pronounced "near".. That was the point I was trying to get across. You need the grave accent (').

Thanks Ron.....

Rog

YOU Goomba..... need to wipe ya'll mouff wiff summ zat arse-wipe,.. ya'll be tawkin sum boolsheet uhginn .! ...ACCENT my arse !!..:laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

Some wish that politics would reach ZPG....:laughing: