The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
A Night at the Movies

First of all I want to know how all you guys knew that was a line from "Men in Black II"???? I can hardly remember my own name anymore, never mind some obscure line from a movie...

Next, I would like to point out to Boo that as predicted, 111,111 is gone! Done and buried! 712 views in the last 24 hours... It would not surprise me if we weren't close to 115,000 by 7AM on November First. If that happens it will exceed all the prior estimates.

Now - About Port Clyde Sardines. Ayup, the factory closed in 2010.. We have flat-assed run out of sardines.. In fact we've pretty near run ourselves out of fish, except for lobsters. That's about the only real fishing industry Maine has left. When you give that some serious thought, you may find it disturbing, considering the fact that the Gulf of Maine was the greatest fishery on earth when it was first discovered.

Doc, I do see what you meant about certain personal problems remaining focused. Tractor - Car - Bug - Cart - Tractor. . . . Although I supposed operating in a circular motion could be considered as focusing on the "problems" at hand. Multitasking!! That's it!! You are the quintessential multitasker.. I suppose we all do that to some degree, if parts aren't readily available for project #1, we move on to project #2 and then return when the parts do arrive.

Weather: It poured rain like a biblical flood last night and it still continues to fall even now, albeit in a much more reasonable quantity. I think our dry conditions are over, at least for the short term.

I do hope everyone has a beautiful day to enjoy, regardless if it's raining or whatever in your area.. Enjoy it!!

Roger

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: A Night at the Movies

Doc, I do see what you meant about certain personal problems remaining focused. Tractor - Car - Bug - Cart - Tractor. . . . Although I supposed operating in a circular motion could be considered as focusing on the "problems" at hand. Multitasking!! That's it!! You are the quintessential multitasker.. I suppose we all do that to some degree, if parts aren't readily available for project #1, we move on to project #2 and then return when the parts do arrive.

Roger
that is basically how it goes for me Roger..........if I run out of parts for one thing I move to something else, or if something breaks while I am working on another project, I stop and move on to that. That's pretty much what the life of a Truck mechanic is like and after 35 years of doing that, even as a retired person, I find myself doing that approach to everything. Only good thing is, eventually everything gets finished and I stay mentally and physically sharp. What works out nice for me is I no longer have a time card to fill out. so if I take my time and the brakes on my car take 4 hours instead of 1 hour, so what..:laughing::laughing:

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Good morning all you members of the 111,111 forecast and beyond

primerbulb120

Threads

On October 31st, our views will be at 114,887.

I have spoken.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Now - About Port Clyde Sardines. Ayup, the factory closed in 2010.. We have flat-assed run out of sardines..
I do hope everyone has a beautiful day to enjoy, regardless if it's raining or whatever in your area.. Enjoy it!!

Roger

Actually, I believe that y'all more than likely ran out of children to process them.
Ya see, fingers were not the only appendages that were accidentally amputated in the archaic process back then......:laughing:

NorthBama

Threads

Good Morning Folks

Boo its not so warm here 41 this morning but at least its no wind and sunshine.

I am going to take a wild guess 117,453 views

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Im revising mine.

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

windy day today

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

First of all I want to know how all you guys knew that was a line from "Men in Black II"???? I can hardly remember my own name anymore, never mind some obscure line from a movie...
Roger

We all have these new-fangled boxes with features called "Google Searches."

Just type in what you are interested in, and many,many things will pop up, sometimes pertinent to what you are searchin' (sometimes, not so much!)

But, they won't cut so much as a single blade of grass.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

We all have these new-fangled boxes with features called "Google Searches."

Just type in what you are interested in, and many,many things will pop up, sometimes pertinent to what you are searchin' (sometimes, not so much!)

But, they won't cut so much as a single blade of grass.

RON, you should Google search the total number of views to our thread at 11:59 P.M. on October 31, 2017 ... and let us know who won, BTW, I have'nt seen you post YOUR guesstimate !! ..:confused3: