The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Born on the bay back when Sydney only had 2,000,000 people and it was bliss.
In season , 1/2 hour with a lantern and net = 10lb estuary prawns, Yum.
Dad carried an oyster knife in his pocket at all times so if he was in the backyard on the turn of the tide, fresh oysters and a glass of port ( I can only eat shell fish cooked )
Off the back fence a two dozen or more type of fish depending upon the moon, wind & tide.
Row a mile to the reef and there was lobster, octypus & eel.

Now there is 4,000,000 morons the bay was dredged so yatchs could anchor there reef was removed, mudflats "smelled to bad for millionaires row" so they dredged the mud & replaced it with sand then wondered why there was no more fish.
Last thing was they were going to net off the entire bay because a few sharks have been seen cruising around the millionaires yatchs .

Bert,

There is nothing, absolutely nothing that so warms the cockles of the hearts of the common man than to see a few millionaires fall over board from too much imbibing and get gobbled up in a shark feeding frenzy. Hell, you could sell tickets!

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
About Editing

I 'think' that depending on who you use for browsing, may effect your ability to 'Edit' on here. If I wait for a while after posting, I have better luck, although this last time, it never said "SAVE" after I had edited, but I discovered that if I clicked on "Edit" a number of times and then moved on, it actually saved the changes I'd made.

My major problem is I expect everything to work instantly and Edit doesn't.. Unfortunately I am not a patient person.

I will try to be better..

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Looking for Boo-Boo

Hey Boo, where are you today? You chasing mother around the bedpost, or what? It's too hot to play outside, so get back in the A/C before you get heat stroke..

Rog

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: Looking for Boo-Boo

Hey Boo, where are you today? You chasing mother around the bedpost, or what? It's too hot to play outside, so get back in the A/C before you get heat stroke..

Rog

In case you can't find this thread under MTD Forum, ... you should check under the Transaxles/Transmissions Forum !! Yep Muhammad went and did it !!! he must have busted his arse gettin those posts moved around, I just hope folks will see and use it for their trans. issues, .. time will tell . ..:cool:..:cool2:..:banana:

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

In case you can't find this thread under MTD Forum, ... you should check under the Transaxles/Transmissions Forum !! Yep Muhammad went and did it !!! he must have busted his arse gettin those posts moved around, I just hope folks will see and use it for their trans. issues, .. time will tell . ..:cool:..:cool2:..:banana:
good golly miss molly, he must have worked all day on it

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

good golly miss molly, he must have worked all day on it

I think more like a few days .... ain't that great though !! ..:thumbsup:..:thumbsup:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Well in case you have not noticed around 90% of the posts are in the small engine repair section so don't hold your breath.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

regular party pooper arnt we

Just a realist.
Some people are lazy
the rest are stupid.

I for one never respond to someone who posts a problem in the "Introduce Yourself" section.
In my cut & paste folder there are 3 responses for idiots who start with a problem but no description of what the problem item is.
Then you get the clowns who think the internet charges by the word "my 12Hp won't start" or "engine stopped & won't restart"

And at lest 1/2 of the posters present the same problem many times concurrent with some one else posting the exact same problem so they have never bothered to look.

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

Just a realist.
Some people are lazy
the rest are stupid.

I for one never respond to someone who posts a problem in the "Introduce Yourself" section.
In my cut & paste folder there are 3 responses for idiots who start with a problem but no description of what the problem item is.
Then you get the clowns who think the internet charges by the word "my 12Hp won't start" or "engine stopped & won't restart"

And at lest 1/2 of the posters present the same problem many times concurrent with some one else posting the exact same problem so they have never bothered to look.

Dude, the entire internet world is that way.....I manage a site that was once only jeep cherokees, over the years it branched out to everything jeep, including mudding, lifting, rock climbing and sand racing...anything jeep related....my biggest pet peeve is the guy who starts a thread, gets no response after 45 seconds and starts the same thread again and again......just more **** for me to move to the trash bin. There is always the same stupid five questions, sometimes minutes apart...."My jeep wont start...whats wrong, what should I do", What tires will fit my jeep with a 3" lift kit", "Who makes the best roof rack?". "Jeep stalled on the trail, what could it be" "My jeep shakes at highway speed, everything is new, what did I miss" Every member is an "Expert" and at the same time a whinny little diaper wearing infant.
It doesn't matter what kind of forum it is, you will have the same thing, people today want their hand held all the time and think you can see the problem they are having through the internet portal.

So, rather than not enjoy what I like to do....which is answer questions and share from my vast knowledge, which is often just enough for one book, then to sit back and foster hatred to the vast number of stupid people with their stupid questions and limited patience. Sometimes I just post a simple solution.....perhaps just a suggestion......like "READ THE MANUAL"
:laughing::laughing::laughing: