Honda mower, can't seem to find the right model!? Please help

dart451

Threads
  • / Honda mower, can't seem to find the right model!? Please help
Hello all,

New to the forum! I am trying to find parts for my Honda HHR2167VKA, (MZCG-8309415) but when I look on Honda lawnmower parts diagrams, they don't have that number! I find HHR216K7VKAA but that's about as close as I can get. Can someone help me on the description of this lawnmower? I believe my transmission has gone belly up! The Smart Drive cable seems fine and it doesn't matter where I adjust it anymore...the cable IS moving the mechanism but it won't release the rear wheels pulling back and also won't go forward anymore with the engine running...

dart451

Threads
Mechanic Mark, I checked and double checked...it's HRR2167VKA, how come the number doesn't match the parts lists?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Can you get us a picture of what you are getting the number off of?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Where did you buy the mower from ?
Down here a lot of big box stores do parallel importing, usually surplus stock at knock down prices so when I go to the Honda Australia web site the numbers do not work.
I oft have to go to Honda eu or Honda USA to find the mower.

dart451

Threads
This is a cutomer's lawnmower so I don't know where it was purchased...

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am wondering if it is a real Honda. All the pictures I have been looking at have the Honda on the front of the engine shroud not the top of it. I could be wrong though.

Myamada1230

Threads
The HRR2167 and the HRR216K7 are the same thing, the 7 indicates the version number

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
The serial number reveals this mower was likely built in late 2010. It was sold to the first retail customer (at a Home Depot) sometime after 4/25/2011.

The full model name is HRR216K7VKAA...the "K7" is a version code and the final A a market code. These characters are often omitted from webpages, print ads, etc. More important that the model name is the frame serial number. You should always shop/browse listings that are a perfect match for the serial number, as that will absolutely show matching parts.

Anyway, here's official factory parts lookup page for this model:

http://peparts.honda.com/powerequipment#/browse/lm/hrr/hrr216/HRR216K7-VKAA

Google a part number to find a dealer selling it online, or use this link to find your local Honda dealer. Find A Honda Dealer

Finally, if you would send me a private message with your name and address, and I will update the registration database to show you as the new owner. Honda asks for this in the unlikely event there is ever a product safety recall and needs to contact you.