What is Causing Raptor 54" Uneven Cut

DK35vince

Threads
I run 15psi in my front tires and 12psi in the back. Gives the best cut on hills.
The last thing I think of when setting up a mower is a smooth ride.
I look for a happy medium.
I run 8 PSI in my tires (front and rear) for a better ride and still get a decent cut

577jersey

Threads
I’ve ran my RSD fronts as low as 6 psi and the rear around 8,,rides and cuts perfect..still scalps here and there if your not quick with the foot pedal action..any more than 8psi i would think is too high on this mower,,now on my bobcat 48 I need the fronts pretty hard or it bounces and leaves a wierd cut...the ride on that machine is horrible compared to the RSD...I say run them tires down low enough to just see a small belly on the side wall if you run alot of hills.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I’ve ran my RSD fronts as low as 6 psi and the rear around 8,,rides and cuts perfect..still scalps here and there if your not quick with the foot pedal action..any more than 8psi i would think is too high on this mower,,now on my bobcat 48 I need the fronts pretty hard or it bounces and leaves a wierd cut...the ride on that machine is horrible compared to the RSD...I say run them tires down low enough to just see a small belly on the side wall if you run alot of hills.

The problem with running psi that low. Is you get a uneven cut on hills. I am not talking a small slope. Second the tires rip the grass on the hills.

If the front tire on the up side of the hill is not off the ground then you are just on a small slope.

I get a lot of my jobs from other lawn care guys. That can not or will not mow a hill.
Kinda have a reputation for cutting hills.
If I think a hill is to steep I use my riding mower. If it's a big hill I use the toro grounds master 72 inch.

577jersey

Threads
The problem with running psi that low. Is you get a uneven cut on hills. I am not talking a small slope. Second the tires rip the grass on the hills.

If the front tire on the up side of the hill is not off the ground then you are just on a small slope.

I get a lot of my jobs from other lawn care guys. That can not or will not mow a hill.
Kinda have a reputation for cutting hills.
If I think a hill is to steep I use my riding mower. If it's a big hill I use the toro grounds master 72 inch.
Yeah,I can cut the steepest of hills with my belt walk behind,,amazing where that mower will go...pretty much anywhere a push 22" will go except tight spots.My RSD will slide down off the slope before leaving an uneven cut,,it holds close to a 40 degree slope but thats about it,,and the terrain has to be straight,if the low side is going down hill at all most of the time it will loose traction on the high side and I have to ride down the bank and come at it from the other side.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah,I can cut the steepest of hills with my belt walk behind,,amazing where that mower will go...pretty much anywhere a push 22" will go except tight spots.My RSD will slide down off the slope before leaving an uneven cut,,it holds close to a 40 degree slope but thats about it,,and the terrain has to be straight,if the low side is going down hill at all most of the time it will loose traction on the high side and I have to ride down the bank and come at it from the other side.

That's the hardest hills to cut.

Best thing I have for hills is the grounds master. Four wheel drive with rear wheel steer. Best riding mower is a snapper rear engine 42 inch deck.

577jersey

Threads
That's the hardest hills to cut.

Best thing I have for hills is the grounds master. Four wheel drive with rear wheel steer. Best riding mower is a snapper rear engine 42 inch deck.
I was watching a guy run a 4x4 mower with a bagger,,wish I Had that kind of $$ to spend on a mower....I bet those Walkers are pretty good on hills,,they look like they would be too.

Hills that are shaped like a sphere are the toughest for me to cut,,but we manage....