John Deere GX75 problem

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have the Harbor Freight mini tire changer and it paid for its self no problem. Word of warning... there are some rims that the little thing can just not do. Very wide one with a long internal slide as I call it. Picture will be attached. I have changed over 30 tires since I purchased it. Less than a year. Neighbors and friends found out I had it.
Easy rim:View attachment 28019
Hard rim:View attachment 28020

Nothing like that available bown here :thumbdown: been looking for a while now and HF will not send one to Australia.
Making one has been on the "round tuit" list for a ages but it is now only about 20 from the top

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
When it comes lawn mower tires it's the ZT castor tires that fight me the most. The drive tires are one of the easiest tires to work with. The JD model GX75 front tires can also be a challenge. Its more so when they get old and rusty.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The Torro casters are the worst.
All the new models have a significant toe in on the caster pivot , which does actually make them steer better but it means ou have to regularly swap left to right or they are through to the canvass in no time flat.
Change a pair of them nearly every week. Next to the rears on Husqvarna tractors probably the worst tyres to change.

Mikel1

Threads
I had a customer tell me he ran over so many sharp objects that an inner tube would not be worth it. Inner tubes can't be patched or plugged while till on the mower, tires can.

Sounds like me but they are thorns from briars. Upside is I can plug tires much faster.:laughing:

primerbulb120

Threads
When he got out his John Deere RX63 it had a piece of chicken wire stuck in the tire.

tim2

Threads
I really do not understan how my post for help became a place to chit chat about changing a tire with zip ties............... I would like to thank the one person that gave me his advice and, think all the rest of you should be band from misusing this forum.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I really do not understan how my post for help became a place to chit chat about changing a tire with zip ties............... I would like to thank the one person that gave me his advice and, think all the rest of you should be band from misusing this forum.

Your # 9 post you said you replaced a tire because of dry rot and I just suggested a inner tube as a different option. Now the tie rap thing I just never heard of before so was just asking. If that is what got you up sit I will bow out.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Dear Tim 2
As I read the post , both Reyondson & Myself posted direct answers to your question and as far as I read it your no drive problem was solved.
The last post regarding a problem was with your tyres and so methods of tyre changing were quite relevant as you now know you can get a really good machine which will work on mower tyres from Harbour Freight.
Perhaps some better pain relief for your hand ( which I am sorry to hear about ) might be in order.

Also remember some poeple us a browser so they see every thing from the first post to the last.
Others get emails so they only see the last post and respond accordingly.

The information you git from here was worht well over $ 200 in saved shop fees so i se no reason for vitriole, unless of course you hand is hurting too much.

tim2

Threads
OK, I am waking up an old post. This mower belongs to my neighbor and he just told me that he has to jup start it. As soon as he unhooks the jumper cables the mower dies. What do I need to look into to try and make it run so he can cut grass???????????????

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
if you want help, start a new post .
use a descriptive name like GX 75 engine dies when jump pack removed.