worlds best zero turn mower

uk gardening

Threads
Thought i would ask all the owners of true commercial zero turn mowers which make and model do you use and swear by. From large to small. Also machines to really cut tall grass down to nothing every cut.

Fuzzy1

Threads
I don't know about BEST, but I'll give you a candidate for WORST ... I have a 1 year old John Deere Z920R that has what I believe to be a warped deck ... it cuts with a small ridge at the overlap of each pass ... I bought the little tool for leveling the blades ... and I got them to be near perfect ... ON A HARD, LEVEL SURFACE. Once I start mowing ... the little stripes show up again ... SOOO ... I took it to the dealer (RITCHIE TRACTOR - ATHENS, TN.) ... and explained the problem to the SERVICE LADY ... waited one month, then started calling about it. After several calls, she said it was DONE !!! I asked her what they found about the warpage ... she acted like she never heard me tell her about that, BUT ... they did level the deck, and wanted $84.00 for that service !!! After much ranting & raving, she finally gave me back my mower ... took it home ... fired it up ... SAME PROBLEM !!! They never addressed the real problem, but wanted $84.00 for something that wasn't even wrong !!! The Z920R may not be a lemon, but my dealer certainly is ...

springscapes

Forum Newbie
Threads
I highly recommend John Deere mowers for the servility and easy to get parts!

Fuzzy1

Threads
I highly recommend John Deere mowers for the servility and easy to get parts!

SOME models have decent reviews/reputations ... I also have an old Deere 285 that came in with one of the earliest Kawasakis ... WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP THAT ENGINE IS !!!

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Personally I wouldn't recommend John Deere to anyone. As far as the worlds best mower goes there's no such thing. Everybody is going to swear what they have is the best. As far as mowing goes and which type of mower or ztr is the most productive I would have to say the Stander would rank number one and the Zero Turn Rider number two.

Last edited:

uk gardening

Threads
Good to know you like john deere nachines. Ive seen a few kubotas in the uk doing graft. They seem a good sturdy machine. I use the procat and so far very pleased. Next year i will be upgrading to another. Predator pro seems nice but not sure if its that much more faster and powerful for my school grounds.

uk gardening

Threads
No one has any reviews on the Altoz and the youtube video is pretty poor. They never seem to do zero turns justice cutting very short grass. Maybe its just me but the grass i cut grows like stink in 8 days and needs a solid machine to cope. Time will tell if these are true xommercial grade. Look good mind :)

Mike88se

Threads
No one has any reviews on the Altoz and the youtube video is pretty poor. They never seem to do zero turns justice cutting very short grass. Maybe its just me but the grass i cut grows like stink in 8 days and needs a solid machine to cope. Time will tell if these are true xommercial grade. Look good mind :)

I was just kidding ;) I love my Gravely but I'm not gonna say Gravely is the best. That's like saying ____ is the greatest guitarist ever. There is no best.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I was just kidding ;) I love my Gravely but I'm not gonna say Gravely is the best. That's like saying ____ is the greatest guitarist ever. There is no best.

Jimi Hendrix is the greatest guitarist ever.awesome.gif