worlds best zero turn mower

woc710

Threads
Thought i would ask all the owners of true commercial zero turn mowers which make and model do you use and swear by. From large to small. Also machines to really cut tall grass down to nothing every cut.

I purchased the number 1 rated zero turn JD z655 .Money buys ratings. It is a piece of crap that 4 dealers can not fix .No help at all from company rep so the only thing that I can do is to put the word out.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I purchased the number 1 rated zero turn JD z655 .Money buys ratings. It is a piece of crap that 4 dealers can not fix .No help at all from company rep so the only thing that I can do is to put the word out.

Maybe people will listen someday that junk Deere is crap.

The number one selling mower does not make a mower the best.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
There are a lot of good zero turns on the market. Scag makes great mowers. We run Kubotas. A ZD 326 Kubota with a 60" deck is a beast. Our operation is brutal on mowers and ours has had no down time in 350 hours. We are going to have to changer the deck belt soon otherwise put fuel in, service at regular intervals, cut grass. When we trade mowers the only thing I will consider will be Kubota unless our clientele changes drastically.

There are many mowers out there that cut great. I have not looked at any that appear as rugged as Kubota. They are built like tanks. We also have a ZG 222 with a 48" deck. Only regret on the ZG 222 is that I did not buy the ZD 221 instead.

The jury is out on the 100 series mowers as far as I am concerned. Course they are not really commercial mowers anyway.

I have seen a lot of commercial guys replace other brands with Kubota. I personally have not seen anybody in our area replace a Kubota with anything else.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
There are a lot of good zero turns on the market. Scag makes great mowers. We run Kubotas. A ZD 326 Kubota with a 60" deck is a beast. Our operation is brutal on mowers and ours has had no down time in 350 hours. We are going to have to changer the deck belt soon otherwise put fuel in, service at regular intervals, cut grass. When we trade mowers the only thing I will consider will be Kubota unless our clientele changes drastically. There are many mowers out there that cut great. I have not looked at any that appear as rugged as Kubota. They are built like tanks. We also have a ZG 222 with a 48" deck. Only regret on the ZG 222 is that I did not buy the ZD 221 instead. The jury is out on the 100 series mowers as far as I am concerned. Course they are not really commercial mowers anyway. I have seen a lot of commercial guys replace other brands with Kubota. I personally have not seen anybody in our area replace a Kubota with anything else.

Will you please talk my wife into letting me get a kubota

I keep looking at them and dreaming but she still will not let me get one.

I like the 221

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Maybe people will listen someday that junk Deere is crap.

The number one selling mower does not make a mower the best.

When I was shopping ZTR's I looked at the JD's and couldn't believe the only model they had to offer in my price range($6k-$7k) had a "stamped" deck:0(
The salesman tried to convince me that John Deere's "research" had proven that a stamped deck gave a better cut than a welded, fabricated deck. I asked him...."then why do your $10k ZTR's have a fabricated deck"? He didn't have an answer for that:0)

P.S.
I really like your avatar........would that imply that you own a Chevy truck???? I have a 1995 Stepside Extended Cab Z71 Silverado that's pushing 1/4 million miles(just turned over 239,000). I wouldn't trade it for two "new" trucks. Built like a rock and will probably outlive me. Below is a link to a photo I posted on the "Post your trailer setup" thread. Post a pic of yours!!!

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/attac...66243647-post-your-trailer-setup-dsc03338-jpg

P.S.S.
Maybe we need to start a thread titled "World's Best Truck".....that would get a few Ford & Ram truck users riled up now wouldn't it:0)

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
When I was shopping ZTR's I looked at the JD's and couldn't believe the only model they had to offer in my price range($6k-$7k) had a "stamped" deck:0( The salesman tried to convince me that John Deere's "research" had proven that a stamped deck gave a better cut than a welded, fabricated deck. I asked him...."then why do your $10k ZTR's have a fabricated deck"? He didn't have an answer for that:0) P.S. I really like your avatar........would that imply that you own a Chevy truck???? I have a 1995 Stepside Extended Cab Z71 Silverado that's pushing 1/4 million miles(just turned over 239,000). I wouldn't trade it for two "new" trucks. Built like a rock and will probably outlive me. Below is a link to a photo I posted on the "Post your trailer setup" thread. Post a pic of yours!!! http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/attachments/commercial-residential-lawn-mowing/13843d1366243647-post-your-trailer-setup-dsc03338-jpg P.S.S. Maybe we need to start a thread titled "World's Best Truck".....that would get a few Ford & Ram truck users riled up now wouldn't it:0)

My work truck is a chevy trailblazer before it was a ram.

The chevy has a smaller engine but pulls better then the dodge.
I used pick up for years but really like the trailblazer.
Don't like ford trucks at all.

I have a 1985 ramcharger with a 360 ( sux down gas fast ) that I love pulling a trailer with. My wife likes to see the face on the brats in their mustangs when she takes them off the line pulling a trailer.
Will post pics

leprechaun50

Forum Newbie
Threads
As others have said, I won't claim its "the best" but I run a Hustler Super Z, 25hp Kawasaki, 60" deck with a bagger. Bought it in 2006 and haven't spent a dime on repairs.

tigercat

Threads
I own a Scag Tigercat for personal use. I'm completely satisfied with the power, speed, reliability and performance of the machine. It makes all residential machines toys.

CowboyRon

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey man Clapton's cool, he'd be my second choice. I actually would rather sit and listen to Claptons music more than Hendrix. Guys like Keith Richards, Carlos Santana, Jimmy Page and others all voted Hendrix best guitarist in the RollingStone pole. Anyhow we need to get off the Hendrix kick.:smile:
How about some love for Chet Atkins?