Repairs D140 Transmission Replacement Labor

PJ

Threads
Good for you fast boy. I do see work like that, fast and poor quality. Back in my younger years we called it flat rate and yes I did work for some shops like that. Get the job done and go to the next one. Change all the transmissions you want in a 1 hour time but it isn't going to happen in my shop. By the way also I will come here all I want and if you don't like it don't read it.

Gentleman
This is not how a forum is build but rather broken down Now REYNOLDSTON & SDSRA we can and will always differ from each other. What the hel man! we all trying to help some other person. Let him decide what is good or bad and he will use what he needs

Thanks keep the good spirit up

PJ

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Dear Reynoldston, If you read my words correctly you would see I didn't suggest you not coming back to this site. through out my life I have run into a few persons like you that think they are god ( small letters )all I did was try to help another person on the forum to solve a problem and you jump all over me, I am not a mechanic and don't claim to be but I did change a transaxle in less than an hour, there is nothing technical about doing that so if it takes you longer then you must be slow and ripping off your customer. Have another cup of coffee and Reynoldston, go lay down in a corner and lick your nutz.

Them ripped off customers can take a trip down to PA. and don't come a bother me I don't need or want them. I thought you were a big person and not come back and read what I had to say. Too much for you wasn't it. Yes I am god if that is what you want to believe. You think I am jumping all over you but I could care less what you think. Yes if ever thing go's right, all the right parts are there, its a small job. No one is going to quote time to me, even you. You win with the name calling because you are a lot better at it.

tom-ky

Threads
I'm not the original owner. Excellent thought. I appreciate the suggestion.

Read the last line.

A. GENERAL PROVISIONS The warranties described below are provided by Deere & Company (笛ohn Deere? to the original purchasers of new Turf & Utility Equipment (摘quipment? from John Deere or authorized John Deere dealers. Under these warranties, John Deere will repair or replace, at its option, any covered part which is found to be defective in material or workmanship during the applicable warranty term. Warranty service must be performed by a dealer or service center authorized by John Deere to sell and/or service the type of Equipment involved, which will use only new or remanufactured parts or components furnished by John Deere. Warranty service will be performed without charge to the purchaser for parts or labor. The purchaser will be responsible, however, for any service call and/or transportation of product to and from the dealer痴 or service center痴 place of business, for any premium charged for overtime labor requested by the purchaser, and for any service and/or maintenance not directly related to any defect covered under the warranties below. These warranties are transferable, provided an authorized John Deere dealer is notified of the ownership change, and John Deere approves the transfer.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Gentleman
This is not how a forum is build but rather broken down Now REYNOLDSTON & SDSRA we can and will always differ from each other. What the hel man! we all trying to help some other person. Let him decide what is good or bad and he will use what he needs

Thanks keep the good spirit up

PJ

I don't agree with the one hour transmission change. As far as I can see someone is talking through there hat here. Too many things can go wrong to quoit a time like that. You can get mad like SDSRA but I will not back down on this. Now we are talking about a start to finish job here. First thing is why are we changing the transmission instead of repairing it? next thing are the two transmissions the same? are the wheels stuck on the axles? will all the bolts and nuts in good shape. SDSRA said he didn't do this as a living but I have and I find things can go wrong. It just sounds simple 4 bolts, belt, linkage, well good luck with that.

PJ

Threads
I don't agree with the one hour transmission change. As far as I can see someone is talking through there hat here. Too many things can go wrong to quoit a time like that. You can get mad like SDSRA but I will not back down on this. Now we are talking about a start to finish job here. First thing is why are we changing the transmission instead of repairing it? next thing are the two transmissions the same? are the wheels stuck on the axles? will all the bolts and nuts in good shape. SDSRA said he didn't do this as a living but I have and I find things can go wrong. It just sounds simple 4 bolts, belt, linkage, well good luck with that.

Hi Reynoldston
You are probably right and I read in your behavior and knowledge that you still have pride in your work. Do not find lots of such kind around any more. I know for a fact there is people around that can and will do it in an hour , good for them. I know it will probably take me a week to do this. I will during the exercise find other problems and sort that out as well
Kind regards
PJ