Trying to decide, Cub Cadet LT 1045 vs John Deere D130

cometdiner

Threads
  • / Trying to decide, Cub Cadet LT 1045 vs John Deere D130
Out of curiosity I looked up the article again and found that 16,000 owners responded to the survey. Not a repair shop that only works on a couple of brands.
I do appreciate the spindle bearing info. Don't know anyone who doesn't like to save some money.

My point once again is opinions are like, well you know, and Consumers does a good job in not playing favorites. It never hurts to get as much info as possible before making an investment like a mower, and the info from 16,000 owners is strong.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Out of curiosity I looked up the article again and found that 16,000 owners responded to the survey. Not a repair shop that only works on a couple of brands.
I do appreciate the spindle bearing info. Don't know anyone who doesn't like to save some money.

My point once again is opinions are like, well you know, and Consumers does a good job in not playing favorites. It never hurts to get as much info as possible before making an investment like a mower, and the info from 16,000 owners is strong.

John deere... Is no good its the same thing as craftsman, mtd. And all that if your going to buy a low end mower might as well save a couple bucks and get the same mower cheaper. John deere is expensive because that paint they put on is about 500$ a gallon lol that's all your paying for

cometdiner

Threads
Good gosh..... where are you from..... MTD is the lowest of everything. My 10 year old GX 345 can mow grass higher than any mower I have every tried. There are NO MTD that are 10 years old that still run and that includes worthless Cub.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well 10 years ago john deere made a decent product......

Ean

Threads
Well 10 years ago john deere made a decent product......

My john seers are from the 80s they are good but things have changed

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Good gosh..... where are you from..... MTD is the lowest of everything. My 10 year old GX 345 can mow grass higher than any mower I have every tried. There are NO MTD that are 10 years old that still run and that includes worthless Cub.

I have a 1981 ace hardware made by MTD
I use it as my brush mower.

image-2666083202.jpg

I cut 12 yards like this every day with my cub. Put over 1000 hours on it last year.
Paid $1200 for it new sold it last week for $750.
The junk Deere in the $1500 price range will not even get this yard done.

Attachments

• image-3366262606.jpg
    image-3366262606.jpg
    684.9 KB · Views: 13

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Maybe you should climb out of the backwoods and take a look around there are more 10 plus year old MTDs still being used then any other mower

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well not to be argumentative but I owned the Lt 1045 with the 20hp single and it was one of the best Lawn Tractors I've ever owned and run. I also have run there ZTR's commercially and I've put those mowers through hell. The Cut quality on the 1045 and the CC ztr's far surpass any JD that I've ever seen. I personally believe that MTD is making a higher Quality machine than most people give them credit for.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
With the big box store JD residential versions, the previous comments might be correct. With the true commercial versions, those comments seem to be way off from what I've seen. The commercial JD's are not only known for their durability, but they also have a reputation for giving a beautiful cut.

I have a Cub Cadet 1045 that I bought new in the early nineties, I think it was 1992. I used it a LOT for the first 10 years or so, but have not used it much since then, but it still runs great.

That said, I expect that the new version is quite different so I'm not sure what my testimony is worth.

Larry

To begin with it sounds like you're comparing a residential version to a commercial version which really shouldn't be done. Now I agree John Deere is a durable machine and they have a good reputation but I also know they built there reputation on there heavy equipment/ farm equipment just like Case or Massey Ferguson, they didn't do it with there Lawn mowers. As far as the JD ZTR and there mowers go, they never made it in the commercial end of the market or with the guys that make a living mowing lawns, they could never compete with the likes of Toro, Exmark, Hustler, Scag and others in quality or price.