ZTR for Sunshade (not equipped ROPS)

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Slomo your replies don’t help anyone but yourself, please post pertinent information only. Ray, if I really wanted to add a shade like that, I would contact Ariens and ask them for the specs on that unit, what’s all included in the kit and how it is mounted. With that info you can go to a local machine shop and see if they can manufacture a mounting system for your unit.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Slomo your replies don’t help anyone but yourself, please post pertinent information only. Ray, if I really wanted to add a shade like that, I would contact Ariens and ask them for the specs on that unit, what’s all included in the kit and how it is mounted. With that info you can go to a local machine shop and see if they can manufacture a mounting system for your unit.
You got it sir. I will delete it right now.

RayMcD

Threads
Hi Rivets, I have been looking options, even just fabricating the parts myself, it is very disheartening to see just how much material cost have escalated. I hope someone stops this silliness soon before we can't afford to eat... Thanks, Ry

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Two things are happening
1) management is using the excuse of Covid to push up prices so that profit levels are maintained
Don't take my word for it , just have a close look at the annual returns which are starting to be released to the share market
2) the true cost of raw materials that are not subsidised by the Chinese government keeping their currency undervalued by nearly 60% are starting to flow through the system.
Western industry ( and that includes Australia for those who think I am just Yankee bashing ) have not bothered to modernize & still running low volume labour intensive assembly because they can just buy partial assemblies from China
What spend $ 200,000,000 on robots when you can spend nothing & just import ?
add to that US, UK & Aust management still see the workforce as the enemy and individual workers as "production variables" to be reduced where ever possible.And yes it is what they teach those sharp young MBA students that workers are "variable units of production " not people because if you dehumanize them then it is easy to oppress & destroy their lives .
Real time mower example, the move of B & S to NY because wages are 5% lower than in Wisconsin .
German workers are paid near 3 times what USA workers are yet Germany is a production super power because management works with the unions for the betterment of both parties.
The US, UK & Australia managements see themselves as at war with the unions , an attitude that seems to be intensifing .
The wages cost of the hands that work the controls of the machine that makes 10,000 items a day is insignificant but Western industry management keeps feeding the population lies about millions of Chinese workers huntched over benches working for a few grains of rice a day where as in reality their productivity has gone through the roof because the factories are updating to higher volume higher effiency machines on a daily basis .

I wish you very well with your venture, but I can tell you exactly what will happen
If you come up with a practical useful solution that is cost effective & works well , H F & Wallies will buy a couple, send them to China to be copied and sell them for 1/2 of your production costs

RayMcD

Threads
Two things are happening
1) management is using the excuse of Covid to push up prices so that profit levels are maintained
Don't take my word for it , just have a close look at the annual returns which are starting to be released to the share market
2) the true cost of raw materials that are not subsidised by the Chinese government keeping their currency undervalued by nearly 60% are starting to flow through the system.
Western industry ( and that includes Australia for those who think I am just Yankee bashing ) have not bothered to modernize & still running low volume labour intensive assembly because they can just buy partial assemblies from China
What spend $ 200,000,000 on robots when you can spend nothing & just import ?
add to that US, UK & Aust management still see the workforce as the enemy and individual workers as "production variables" to be reduced where ever possible.And yes it is what they teach those sharp young MBA students that workers are "variable units of production " not people because if you dehumanize them then it is easy to oppress & destroy their lives .
Real time mower example, the move of B & S to NY because wages are 5% lower than in Wisconsin .
German workers are paid near 3 times what USA workers are yet Germany is a production super power because management works with the unions for the betterment of both parties.
The US, UK & Australia managements see themselves as at war with the unions , an attitude that seems to be intensifing .
The wages cost of the hands that work the controls of the machine that makes 10,000 items a day is insignificant but Western industry management keeps feeding the population lies about millions of Chinese workers huntched over benches working for a few grains of rice a day where as in reality their productivity has gone through the roof because the factories are updating to higher volume higher effiency machines on a daily basis .

I wish you very well with your venture, but I can tell you exactly what will happen
If you come up with a practical useful solution that is cost effective & works well , H F & Wallies will buy a couple, send them to China to be copied and sell them for 1/2 of your production costs
Bert, this is the litigation nation, ya can't afford to hire this lousy crowd.. r

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
All I know is my overhead costs are going through the roof; therefore, I having to again raise my labor prices so I even break even now.

Buying things like hardware in bulk helps. I just ordered 100 Bow-120 bow tie locking cotters because I just wasn't willing to pay $3.50 a piece for them locally when I can get them for $0.89 ea including shipping. I go through a lot of them along the Bow-72 and Bow-91 cotters. Basically I cut out all the middle men by going directly to factory to get them. I do the same with other fasteners too.

But I do understand when someone only needs one of the item so they have to pay more. But at least I pass along my cost saving to the customer here and still make a decent profit on the items.

And shipping costs are up quite a bit too here. I got one vendor here that is charging full UPS retail shipping prices on orders even though they get a huge discount from UPS. SO they are getting very few orders from me; unless, I can meet their free shipping level. At last check it is at $200 I had placed a $192 so they hit me with a $45 shipping fee. At least most of my vendors are a lot more fair about shipping.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And litigation again is an industry that does not create any wealth, it just shifts it from one pocket to another and in most cases it goes from the poor to the rich or just makes the lawyers rich

dewmiwasana

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yeah, that sunshade looks like a great option. I'm sure it would do the trick for your ZTR. I'm no expert on the topic but have you considered getting custom-made sunshades for your car? I'm sure you could find one that fits your ZTR perfectly. You could even get it made to your exact specs. Plus, you could get it in colors that complement the rest of your machine. Another option would be to look into aftermarket sunshades that are made specifically for ZTRs. There are a bunch of companies out there that make them. Just do some research, read reviews, and find the one that's right for you.

Last edited: