ZT HD 52 shooting clippings from front of deck?

gravelyzthd52

Threads
Love the ZT HD 52 but it has two major flaws (at least mine does) that honestly probably would have made me pass on it if I had demoed it at home before buying it. Biggest is the loud rattling noise when mowing, already covered in another thread. The second is that the deck splits out clippings and debris from the front when mowing and I end up covered in it. Does anyone else have this problem? Kind of sucks to go mow your lawn and be covered in dirt, grass, leaves and whatever else when you’re done. I looked at the deck and noticed in the front where the two anti scalp wheels are there is somewhat of an opening in the deck housing. I think that opening is letting material out the front. Anyone else have this issue or know of a fix for it?

handtools

Threads
I installed the vacuum baffle kit on my Ariens Apex 60 (same as the Gravely ZT HD 60) and it stopped the blowout from the front of the deck.

gravelyzthd52

Threads
Thank you. What is that and how do I buy it??

gravelyzthd52

Threads
I installed the vacuum baffle kit on my Ariens Apex 60 (same as the Gravely ZT HD 60) and it stopped the blowout from the front of the deck.

Just ordered this for my mower. $69 including shipping just so I can mow without getting covered in clippings/debris. Although, if this works and the dealer can fix the rattling I will be super happy with this mower as it does cut better than any other mower I have ever owned which includes multiple 300 and 500 series John Deere lawn tractors and different 3 PTH finish mowers.

mhavanti

Threads
Gravely,

You could lower the front by a quarter inch and that will help somewhat. Not a cure, just a help. Also, cover the open area in the front of your deck before doing anything else.

Good luck,

Max