Repairs zero turn 2010

gwebster

Forum Newbie
Threads
When the mower is cold the left hydraulic steering works, warmed up it does not respond? Troy built zero turn. Anyone seen this before?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Post complete model & serial numbers from unit as well as all numbers from engine so we can help you out. Check owners manual for fluid type & check hydraulic reservoir fluid levels, you may need to replace filter & bleed system of air per manual instructions. Use OEM parts.

gwebster

Forum Newbie
Threads
Model number is 17BF2ACP011, left side does not respond after it warms up. It appears to be sealed with no visible way to check the fluid level.

Gat

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a similar issue. Has anyone every rebuilt one of these trans-axles?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have rebuild the peerless, hydrogear, and tufftorq hydrostatic transmissions. From the symptoms I would say the motor, pump, center section has some minor scoring, and when the oil get warm and thins out, causes the oil to bypass through the score marks.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
http://service.mtdproducts.com/Training_Education/769-01421_SM_White ZT.pdf shop manual, thoroughly inspect transmission, drive belt, idler pulleys, all hardware with hands on, making sure everything is tight & secure before tackling transmission. Read through this manual first.

Professional Shop Manuals same as above.

Hydro-Gear Hydrostatic Drives Transmissions and Transaxles scroll down to bottom of page & contact these folks Tues. with all numbers from tag on trans., explain your problem, possibly a recall. Click on learning center.

Last edited:

Gat

Forum Newbie
Threads
http://service.mtdproducts.com/Training_Education/769-01421_SM_White ZT.pdf shop manual, thoroughly inspect transmission, drive belt, idler pulleys, all hardware with hands on, making sure everything is tight & secure before tackling transmission. Read through this manual first.

Professional Shop Manuals same as above

Everything is tight. Right side runs off same drive belt and does fine. Pump and gears are confined in a housing. This has to come apart to get to the pump. I looked through the listed website and didn't see any repair manual for this mower. Troybilt parts list it listed to buy complete.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
this may help out. Took going to the mtd dealer site, looking up your model number to get the part number of the tranny, then going to my distributor site to convert in to the hydrogear part number. Then to the hydrogear part number as a dealer, and finding the part number for the service manual

You have the 310-2200 or zt-2200 tranny ZC-DMBB-4DDC-2PPX

Here is the service manual

http://www.hydro-gear.com/Main/docs/service-repair-manuals/ezt-(zt-2100-2200).pdf

Gat

Forum Newbie
Threads
this may help out. Took going to the mtd dealer site, looking up your model number to get the part number of the tranny, then going to my distributor site to convert in to the hydrogear part number. Then to the hydrogear part number as a dealer, and finding the part number for the service manual

You have the 310-2200 or zt-2200 tranny ZC-DMBB-4DDC-2PPX

Here is the service manual

http://www.hydro-gear.com/Main/docs/service-repair-manuals/ezt-(zt-2100-2200).pdf

Thanks, I really appreciate all the effort you have put in getting me this information. It will be a big help. Thanks again!

WC20

Forum Newbie
Threads
When the mower is cold the left hydraulic steering works, warmed up it does not respond? Troy built zero turn. Anyone seen this before?
Mine is doing the same thing!,,,,
Having to mow 30 min and then have to let it sit.
Anyone have any ideas ?