Z225

RPB

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mowed awhile ago and finished, put the mower up. My neighbor was going to borrow it but it wouldn't start. It had gas, spark & was turning over. JD told me to check the carburetor solenoid. I did and it was gummed up so I replaced it and the mower fired right up. I used it all summer and finally it did the same thing. I replaced the fuel filter, fuel pump and carburetor. Got done and fully expected it to start right up. Nothing. Got gas, spark & cranking but won't start. Now in the process of this calamity it has now completely stopped turning over at all. TIA for any suggestions

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Remove battery & have auto parts store load test battery, should be of no cost to you. If you have to replace battery make sure CCA'S are same as old battery & new battery date of manufacture is good. Use Star Tron or John Deere fuel treatment mixed with gas per instructions on bottle, do not use STA-BIL fuel treatment.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Turn key off and on, listen for that solenoid to click, might be gummed up or just bad yet again.