Yardworks stuck chute control

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
My snowblower has slowly developped a problem with the chute control. It would get stuck and I would have to play around with the chute control stick to get it unstuck. Problem is that now it is almost completely stuck. I have looked at exploded views, but I don't know where to start. I have never played with this.

Snowblower info:
Company: Yardworks (MTD)
Model: 31AH65KH515
Serial #: 1l309B76208
Kept outside with a cover on it

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well, I went thru the manual and didn't find info on my problem.

I just want to make sure I am understood. I am talking about the top portion of the chute that you control so that snow does not go sky high when you blow!

Thanks for posting the manual tho! I took the time to read it and I found out I am behind maintenance. I will take care of that in spring (belts, lube)

As for lube, the rustproof center gave me this lube that also protects against rust. They said it is good for anything (cars, mowers, blowers, locks, etc.). That should be as good as PB blaster.

Thank you for your assitance.

possum

Threads
Just spray lube anything that moves or is supposed to move. If that is not it then the cable itself is the problem. They can be replaced. All snowblowers seem to have sticky or frozen cable problems sooner or later. Sometimes it is just water inside the cable that is rusting or freezeing.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just spray lube anything that moves or is supposed to move. If that is not it then the cable itself is the problem. They can be replaced. All snowblowers seem to have sticky or frozen cable problems sooner or later. Sometimes it is just water inside the cable that is rusting or freezeing.

That is what I thought. I will try and add more lube. Are these cables hard to replace? When I think cable, I always think they are hard to replace because of tension.