Would be nice if the rain stopped and the sun was shining!!

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Would be nice if the rain stopped and the sun was shining!!
Hi lawn troops,
Here it is May 1st and still haven't done any mowing here in CT!!! All I have done is some dethatching and not at all of my customers, summer will probably drop in on us overnight one day and we will be complaining about the high temps!!!
Actually just took the plow and chains off my garden tractor!!!
Oh well, life goes on!!!
Mad Mackie in CT:laughing::biggrin::smile:

X-man

Threads
Hi lawn troops,
Here it is May 1st and still haven't done any mowing here in CT!!! All I have done is some dethatching and not at all of my customers, summer will probably drop in on us overnight one day and we will be complaining about the high temps!!!
Oh well, life goes on!!!

I still have to take my tractor up to the shop for repairs. Been having head gasket and carburetor issues.

I also haven't mowed a lawn yet, not even my own.

okiepc

Threads
If you would, send some of that rain here to Oklahoma, we could use it. This is usually are wet season & we are behind, don't need more drought.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you would, send some of that rain here to Oklahoma, we could use it. This is usually are wet season & we are behind, don't need more drought.

If I could I would!!! You must be in the part of OK that missed the recent storms, which is a good thing!!!
Our weather folk here had said that April had both a snow and rain deficit which doesn't take into consideration of the snow in February and March and we had lots of it!!! Between plowing the snow onto the lawn and the weight of the snow on the lawn, I have patches of lawn that have dead grass. To make those areas worse, skunks have been digging for grubs. At midnight a week ago as I was getting ready to crash, I turned the outside lights on and there was a black and white "stinky kitty" doing it's nasty deed!!! I need to buy a new roller as my metal one has rusted thru, it is only 40 years old!!! Next roller will be a plastic one, but I'm not sure if plastic rollers are heavy enough to do the job.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I also would like some rain. At least we have the aquifer and water is cheap. So I've been mowing for 4 weeks here

Mike88se

Threads
Hasn't been raining much lately in Houston but the grass is still growing. Weeds are growing even faster.

JDsLawnCare

Threads
Im very thankful for the rain we are getting here in DFW. Its been very dry this year and we needed this healthy rain!

Phil G

Threads
Hi Mackie, where in CT are you. I've friends in Westport CT that I try and visit when I can. Enjoy lazing at Compo beach in the summer and the pistol range in Bridgeport.

7 hour flight from England though.

Hi lawn troops,
Oh well, life goes on!!!