wheel slippage enough to make me consider a new ride on

soyrunner

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / wheel slippage enough to make me consider a new ride on
I've had a ride on lawn mower for about 3 years. My first. I'm somewhat disappointed with it. If it's parked facing down hill, next time I go to start it I get a thick cloud of smoke. I have 3 acres of not too level ground. It can make it up a hill but give it a little woop-de-do on an angle and the right rear wheel spins free slipping or off the ground. I end up getting off the mower and pushing it away from that ground.

Since I'm not happy with this, please advise what lawnmowers have perhaps a live axle or some kind of differential that will prevent these types of failure.

Thanks.

soyrunner

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Before i would advise replacing a three year old lawn tractor, I would like to know what you now have and whether it really needs to be replaced or just a good repair. Please post the model and serial numbers of both the unit and engine, so we know what you are talking about. Then we will be in a better position as to how to direct you in the most economica way.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Rather than get recommendations from people, why don't you ask dealers to let you demo one on your property until you find one that will do what you want.