Wheel Not Touching

Rich M.

Threads
Okay, just picked up a new hrr216VKA. Everything looks great but noticed the right front wheel is slightly off the ground. The surface is level and the front wheels are both in the same adjustment position. Is this normal on newer mowers?

skypros

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hummmm... The same thing is happening with my brand new HRX

primerbulb120

Threads
If it is less than 1/16 inch off the ground on a perfectly level surface, I wouldn't worry about it. More than that and you probably have a bent deck.

ctexhunter

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've gone through two HRX217HYA mowers in the last couple weeks and both have had this issue. Figured it was a manufacturing "characteristic."

Rich M.

Threads
It looks to be 1/16 of an inch off the ground. If I put any upward pressure on the handle bar, both front wheels operate correctly.

If it is less than 1/16 inch off the ground on a perfectly level surface, I wouldn't worry about it. More than that and you probably have a bent deck.

rmduff

Forum Newbie
Threads
It looks to be 1/16 of an inch off the ground. If I put any upward pressure on the handle bar, both front wheels operate correctly.

My new HRX217HYA has the exact same issue. Has anyone come up with a solution or a cause. Can it be a bent deck since the HRX deck is not metal?

deckeda

Threads
My older model has cam adjusters at the wheel mounts. Does this model? If so, height can be tweaked when the wheel is removed and an adjusting bolt/nut is then revealed.

nicholas

Forum Newbie
Threads
My brand new HRR216 is exactly the same..not great quality. Oh and mine is right front as well.

Rich M.

Threads
From some of the posts, it seems this is a common characteristic of the HRR series, plus some of the other series. With that being said, I do like how the mower performs. Mulching is excellent and the bag mode works great.

The mower is about 10 pounds heaiver than my old Craftsman, especially noticeable when pulling it backwards. I guess the added effort will build me up for next year's World's body building competition. Little sarcasm here.

Back to the wheel, another post said not to worry because once you move the mower to grass it will be just fine. The poster was right, mower is fine.

Still think I picked the best mower. After a couple more trips around my lawn, I think I will do a full review and post. It will probably be a waste of time since most on this forum are pro Honda.

My brand new HRR216 is exactly the same..not great quality. Oh and mine is right front as well.