What's a fair price?

bullet bob

Threads
My neighbor has a Ferris IS2100 that I'd like to buy, at a fair price to both of us. It is a 2016, 61" ICD (?) deck, believe a 31 hp engine, not EFI, with approx. 600 hours. I was figuring between $4-5K. What say you?

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
What is considered a good deal is when both parties agree with the price but it now sounds like you are second guessing yourself and looking for a way to back out.

bkeller500

Threads
It's hard to say without photos and more info but just googling I found a couple others in that same price range. It's a well built machine and if it was maintained properly it still has a lot of life left in it. If you were looking at new $ 5-6K would get you a mid-range model with warranty. How much yard do yo have to mow? Any hills or ditches? Do you plan to need any additional attachments? Can you service it? What service was performed in the past? Why is it available?

bullet bob

Threads
It's my neighbor's mower, I've been doing all the maintenance, and he died. I'm currently running a Gravely HD ZT 60 & I know mowers. Just don't want to screw the family.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It's my neighbor's mower, I've been doing all the maintenance, and he died. I'm currently running a Gravely HD ZT 60 & I know mowers. Just don't want to screw the family.
Bullet you are a rare one. I got a guy in the area that screws everyone he can when comes to buying equipment. Personally I don't or sell equipment any more as everyone around wants yard sale prices. The last time I tried selling a 46" Rider for $500 after repairs and with a 90 days warranty the best offer I got was $125. I am currently parting it out and making a lot more on the individual parts.

bullet bob

Threads
What is considered a good deal is when both parties agree with the price but it now sounds like you are second guessing yourself and looking for a way to back out.
?????????

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
?????????
Bullet, you added info after that reply and I reply in post #5 but comment is a valid one either way in part as it now appears you just wanting make sure you are giving a fair price to the person and not low balling them.

bkeller500

Threads
That same machine on a dealers lot might also have a delivery charge and sales tax! Show your neighbors wife a couple of print outs from comparable units you find on the internet and let her come back with a price. If she is liquidating......you are helping her. She probably would get less from a estate auction or a yard sale. When she gives you a price, bump it up $100 and make her feel good. She is your neighbor's wife.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
If it is cherry, garage kept out of the sun/weather, maybe 40% of buying price. Sitting out in the weather maybe 25%.