Vintage jacobsen grave mower?

Gage Stevenson

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I recently purchased this vintage Jacobsen mfg. Co. Mower. I picked it up at a yard sale for next to nothing the person I bought it off of said that it was a grave Stone mower to mow in between the gravestones. It's a 2 and 1/4 horsepower 2-stroke engine. I bought it seized but it turns out that the head was just put on upside down and the Piston was coming in contact with the head. But the person who owned it before me screwed up The recoil start so if anyone has any information on The recoil start please let me know. Maybe there's a another option for it? Maybe a reference part? But I think this is a very unique mower and I've never seen anything like it so if anyone has any information on it please feel free to let me know. The serial number is 50035 fallowed by 12663. Thank you Gage. https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=5123347384360296&set=pcb.5123348291026872 the photos are here because my files are too big for website.

Last edited:

amuller

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have never seen one of these mowers before. Looks like the starter cord isn't retracting. The spring could be broken, or the starter just in need of lubrication.

Haven't looked at one of these in years, but I expect you could take the starter off and start the engine with a rope wrapped around the starter cup.