Ventrac 4500P

Raw Dodge

Threads
I've been hearing lots of good things about the Kawasaki powered EFI twin...my dealer says it out powers the old daihatsu 31 3LC gas and the new Kubota 32.5 LC gas..all while using a about the same fuel as the 25 diesel. Also spoke with a guy using one blowing snow..he's trading his 4231 TD in in a second 4500p because the new kawi outpowers the 31TD and burns the same amount of fuel.. which BTW is about 75 cents more a gallon for diesel..very impressive.. Hope the long term durability is there...I'd never figure that engine to be the shining star of the 4500 series..

Raw Dodge

Threads
ForumRunner_20140322_204539.png

Here's ventracs own data and the diesel fuel is even higher here...not much reason to go diesel unless it's for convenience or you have access to an off road fuel tank.

JackIL

Threads
RD,

A downside to the Kawasaki is that it only has a 30 amp alternator in comparison to 60 for the Kubota gasoline. So if you were to install a cab with heater and lights and run an electric spreader on back, there is only marginally enough or insufficient capacity. They point this out in the advertising. The alternator is not upgradable. If you don't have a heated cab, the 30 amp alternator is sufficient.

JackIL

Raw Dodge

Threads
Absolutely Jack.. I agree with you.If i didnt know better id never consider a kawi over the proven kubota..My dealer said the same thing... Many people will not need that much capacity myself included. What's ironic is there guy getting a second kawi and trading off his 4231td is blowing snow with them cab and lights. Says the kawi outperforms the Turbodiesel diesel by a significant margin blowing snow

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd guess you could go with all LED lighting (if you had the $ to spend on enough lumens) . I'm sticking with my 4231 LC Gas unless something major happens to mine. My neighbor turned over a New Holland CUT and now has a 4500 VENTRAC with the Kaw. I believe the Kawasaki is more quiet than my 4231.