Update-Problem Fixed-JD D105 Wont Climb Hills

Jbug

Forum Newbie
Threads
HI, my JD D105 auto has 23 hours on it and up until this fall worked perfectly climbing hills no issues. Now even going up the slightest grade it can't climb. I replaced the traction belt and it is still doing the same thing. Goes up a hill fine in reverse. Was hoping a belt was slipping but I don't think so. No belt slipping noises. It seems like the transmission is not fully opening allowing full power?? Anyone have this issue? Thanks for any help. This has the RT400 transmission.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Time to take this mower back to the dealer .
Sounds like a tranny problem
Does it go full speed forward on the flat ?
Check to see if there are twigs / nuts etc fouling the controls on the box .

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have not had much luck with the plastic transmissions. As far as i can tell there are no parts available and they are non serviceable. The wave of the future. Non serviceable and a throw away like the chineese stuff. See what the dealer says.

Jbug

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, yes goes full speed on flat in both forward and reverse just can't climb hills.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
OK then it is a warranty job.
Take it back to the dealer

Jbug

Forum Newbie
Threads
Got it! Thanks,

Jbug

Forum Newbie
Threads
UPDATE: found cracked plastic lever on transmission that opens slightly when it is put in Forward gear (I think not fully pushing to full F position). Going to try to fix this if possible. Maybe that is why it would go in R full power but not F? Are any of the lever parts available for the RT400? Thanks,

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Other than a kit to replace the belt and hardware on top i don't know of any parts available. Mickey did one heck of a job on that one.

SpentPenny

Forum Newbie
Threads
Up to you, of course, but at 23 hours I am wondering why you risk voiding the warranty.

gainestruk

Threads
With that few hrs don't touch it, take to dealer and see what they say.