Troy-Bilt stearing wheel type 0 turn 46" deck warped.

jmh32247

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Troy-Bilt stearing wheel type 0 turn 46" deck warped.
Dealer adjusts till left and right blade tips at furthest outside point are the same height but still cuts 1" deeper on left side.The height adjustment is only on left side and is at max height. Deck is so warped the left front of deck is 3" lower than the other 3 corners. They said that does not matter but two problems. Left front wheel has to be on top hole and right on bottom hole to keep from forcing left wheel constantly to drag very hard into dirt, grass or concrete causing wheel to constantly come unbolted and destroying the wheel plastic. Then, the left blade is so angled down that it cuts a concave path. The blade may cut same at far outside tips but the tilted blade cuts an inch deeper before it gets to that part of the cutting deck. I was somewhat able to correct by raising the front excessive to bring the right blade to tilt back half as much as the left tilts down and it mows better. I think this should be a class action law suit as I went to Lowe's and all were that way. Any knowledge of others?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Troy-Bilt stearing wheel type 0 turn 46" deck warped.
Before reaching for the lawyers have you tried contacting Troy Bilt ?
The deck & the baldes are not necessarily parallel which is why you level by measuring the tip height not the deck height.
If it was shipped fully assembled it is not uncommon to find a driver what slings the mowers by the deck.
In any case you have a justifiable warranty claim