Troy-Bilt carb problems

AndyK

Threads

Related to the link above, I was asked for pictures so I have those now included in the Gallery.
Did find the oil overflowing and it seemed like the oil had gas in it.
Snow blower will run, starts quickly, but I still have to keep pushing the primer bulb to keep it running.

THANKS THANKS THANKS for any advice.
Andy

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Now you’ve started a second thread with the same problem. Your symptoms indicate the float needle is not seating properly. Solution is the same, clean and rebuild the carb or replace the carb. Now we can add change the oil and filter to your list.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
good fuel flow to the carb when you pull the fuel line off?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Your engine is a MTD 365-SUB. The carburetor repair kit is 951-11021 superseded to 951-12788A, has a list price of $34.59. or you could order MTD 951-14026A carburetor that lists for $70.00.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Star, just to let you know those are the same number which were posted in the OP’s other thread. Have no idea why he is posting duplicate threads, unless he needs to hear things multiple times before he understands what to do.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Oh well I just waste that time sorta like I did on the Poulan pole saw that customer brought in with the carburetor disassembled. Cleaned and rebuilt to only find the engine compression below par minimum and will not hit a lick. Going a PNC and gasket kit. And only the gasket kit in stock at the distributors warehouse.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Wasting time ?
Still got a $ 1300 repair sitting in the workshop because till I got it running I did not know the hydros were totally shot

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Wasting time ?
Still got a $ 1300 repair sitting in the workshop because till I got it running I did not know the hydros were totally shot
Don't you just love it when a customer keeps you in the dark about problems. I had one the bring in a JD with a broken deck belt. Of course I found bad bearing in double stack deck pulley. I got that done. Then he asked if I sharpen his blades when he came to pickup the mower. He could mention that on the phone. With him being a tightwad I didn't. After that he finally mention he was having drive problems.

I just wish the customer would simply mention things like this up front so they could had done while I had the deck off. Just an aggravation I have to put up with dealing with the public.

But I have been fairly lucky as not have a ZTR or rider I wasn't informed of having motion problems when they have hydros yet.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don't you just love it when a customer keeps you in the dark about problems. I had one the bring in a JD with a broken deck belt. Of course I found bad bearing in double stack deck pulley. I got that done. Then he asked if I sharpen his blades when he came to pickup the mower. He could mention that on the phone. With him being a tightwad I didn't. After that he finally mention he was having drive problems.

I just wish the customer would simply mention things like this up front so they could had done while I had the deck off. Just an aggravation I have to put up with dealing with the public.

But I have been fairly lucky as not have a ZTR or rider I wasn't informed of having motion problems when they have hydros yet.
Add to that the yard manager who got me to take the mower is a afraid of the company owner
And a 3 year old RTZ ( rebranded McCulloch down here ) should not have totally shot hydros unless it was being abused, like being used to tow trailers around the yard

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
That is one thing I never recommend any owner do with lawn care equipment using hydros; unless, the hydros were designed for towing. I only got one customer with a Craftsman rider that was design to pull things like a small turning plow.

Since McCulloch is owned by Husqvarna (if my information is correct) I am not surprised if it was abused as most ZTRs are not designed for towing in the first place especially a residential version. The use residential equipment by small companies is a problem here too. Commercial companies should buy and use commercial duty equipment.