Transporting mowers.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
When you transport a mower on a trailer do you keep the deck up or lower it down?

I have mixed feelings on this. If you leave it up it could mess up the deck hangers or knock it out of level.
If put down it could do damage to the anti scalp wheels or brackets.

I lower mine down

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I lift the deck to get on the trailer and that is where it stays till I take it off the trailer.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
If leaving mine up knocked the deck whopper jawed I'd either buy a different brand mower, a better trailer or find a smoother road to travel.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
If leaving mine up knocked the deck whopper jawed I'd either buy a different brand mower, a better trailer or find a smoother road to travel.

That would be fine if we all lived in the city.

More then half my yards are on dirt roads.

LoCo86

Threads
When you transport a mower on a trailer do you keep the deck up or lower it down? I have mixed feelings on this. If you leave it up it could mess up the deck hangers or knock it out of level. If put down it could do damage to the anti scalp wheels or brackets. I lower mine down

I put all of mine in the transport position, which is all the way up, but on my Exmark Turf Tracer I just leave it in the previous mowing setting.

mowerman05

Threads
Up as the owners manual says for transport.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
I too have to travel rough country roads. The pot hole in front of my house is big enough to hide my 4 year old in. I always transport my mower with the deck all the way up. With my luck, if I put it down for transport I would forget to raise it before driving it off the trailer and damage something. Never had a problem with the ride knocking the deck off level.