Transmission slipping

skipper124

Threads
Hello everyone! I just got signed up.
The problem I am having is my Transmission is slipping. It only slips when going down a grade. Makes a funny whirring noise when doing it. Is this the drive belt or inside the differential gearbox ? I have a Murray 13.5 H/P 38 Inch deck. The tractor is two years old.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Will need the model number from under the seat so we can see what it looks like to give good assistance. Most likely starts with 13

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Only reference i am getting on that model number is for the 2019 model mower. Are you riding the clutch when going down hill because that could cause some slippage and make the pulley turn faster than designed and make noise. Also could be internal to the tranny if the bevel gears are slipping.

skipper124

Threads
No I am not riding the clutch. I got it in 2018. Seems like there have been a couple times recently where on flat ground when putting in forward it wouldn't go unless I played with the gear shifter a little. I was hoping it would be a belt or pulley but I was afraid it was in that gearbox. Wish they made them things more durable for people that have banks to mow. Is there smaller riding mowers out there with trannys that won't do that? What about them rear engine type?

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Possible belt slippage? Sometimes you can take the top of your foot and pull back on the clutch pedal and give the belts some extra tension. Is this a hydrostatic drive? Those are getting cheaper and weaker as the manufactures cut corners to sell mowers.

skipper124

Threads
I wish it was the belt. Would be an easier fix. So is that the way you can tell if the belt is bad to lift back on the clutch pedal ? The actual model number is 13BC77LF058. I looked under seat today. Could you tell me the part number for them forward and reverse gears also the dog that engages them. I think those would be the parts I need if it is what I think it is. Also it is not hydrostatic. I think it is shift on the go