Tractor Wont Start

joedadog

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am having trouble starting my Hasqvana YTH22V42. I changed the spark plug but I suspect it is not getting gas. I am able to get it running by spraying a quick spray of starting fluid next to the air filter. Then it will run until I turn it off, and even restart. But if I let it cool down or wait until the next day it won't start and I need the starter fluid again. Is there something that can clean the carburetor while it is in use if that is the issue. I am a novice so any info will help. Thanks

joedadog

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is that something I can fix easily? I am not a small engine mechanic but I am handy and can fix things in most cases. Thank you for your reply

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Carb is dirty. Run fuel stabilizer year round.

slomo

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yearly mower maintenance.
1.Adjust valves
2.Sharpen and balance the blade.
3.Use fuel stabilizer year round.
4.Use 100% real gas if you can get it.
5.Install and use a fuel shut-off valve and a good paper fuel filter.
6.Remove the blower shroud and CLEAN all the grass, dirt and oil from the cooling fins. If you neglect this, you are asking for engine damage.
7.Lower the handlebar and dump the oil out. Fill with fresh 30w oil. Walmart sells Supertech in a 2 gallon jug for $19.50.
8.Get a foam pre-filter for your air filter if possilble.
9.Every 100 hours I think it is, pull the head and remove the carbon buildup. Check your manual on that spec.

slomo

joedadog

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your help. I will run Sea Foam in high dosing all year with high octane fuel and see if that clears it up. If not I will take it in for service.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
What engine do you have? Numbers? Do you have a manual choke knob? You need to check if the choke on the carb is closing when it should. Some are manual some close when the throttle lever is all the way up some are automatic. If the engine runs fine at high speed and idle and only has problems cold starting i don't think you have a dirty carb. You have a choke problem.