Toured the Grasshopper Plant in Moundridge Kansas

BWH

Threads
I had the opportunity to tour the Grasshopper Plant in Moundridge Kansas on Monday, I was very impressed from the friendliness of all the employees. the cleanliness of the plant but most impressive was the technology in this plant. I was expecting your run of the mill manufacturing but what I seen was a progression of updated machinery mixed with employees with the knowledge and abilities to make them work. Maybe most impressive was the human factor on nearly every part, for example the bends on every deck are tested/measured for accuracy with templates to make certain that they are within tolerance before they are robotically welded. As interesting as the process to make all the components from a sheet of metal to the powder coat paint was the assembly line was equally awesome the folks at each station along the way were obviously very skilled at their position. I was told that all of the employees move around as to be cross trained and better understand the Grasshopper itself adding quality to the machine. Now I understand my attraction of owning Grasshoppers for nearly 40 years.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And now you understand why quality costs money and why I have a hard time not reading the riot act to clowns who want to know which mower under 2k is the best quality .

BWH

Threads
And now you understand why quality costs money and why I have a hard time not reading the riot act to clowns who want to know which mower under 2k is the best quality .
Very True