Toro wheel horse

Rickardo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a toro wheel horse 270 hydro...
Need to replace lower steering shaft!
Any advice on the best way?
I’m assuming from the steering wheel down?
Thanks

Its Me

Threads
just finished one, remove the deck, steering rods for the fan gear (the one with all the teeth, remove the nut then pull the column, why are you changing it assuming the small gear is out could be the busing, one at the bottom and one at the top if I remember correctly, when you put it back in make sure your steering wheel is located right count the gears put if on the center tooth so you will have equal turning left to right, not that bad.

Rickardo

Forum Newbie
Threads
just finished one, remove the deck, steering rods for the fan gear (the one with all the teeth, remove the nut then pull the column, why are you changing it assuming the small gear is out could be the busing, one at the bottom and one at the top if I remember correctly, when you put it back in make sure your steering wheel is located right count the gears put if on the center tooth so you will have equal turning left to right, not that bad.
The
the small gear at the base of the shaft is badly worn and doesn’t make contact with the fan gear...
I’ve removed steering wheel complete with shaft from top UJ...
The shaft with the small gear at the top has what looks like a grub screw/split pin?
Is it a case of removing this and then removing the shaft upwards with both UJs?
Thanks

Rickardo

Forum Newbie
Threads
The

the small gear at the base of the shaft is badly worn and doesn’t make contact with the fan gear...
I’ve removed steering wheel complete with shaft from top UJ...
The shaft with the small gear at the top has what looks like a grub screw/split pin?
Is it a case of removing this and then removing the shaft upwards with both UJs?
Thanks
Ment shaft with small gear at bottom...

Its Me

Threads
you can do it, don't give up or give in.