Toro Timecutter Problem

bobtny55

Forum Newbie
Threads
the mower started skipping, and now narrowed down to only skips when the blades engaged, as if an electrical cutoff is occurring. if it nearly stalls, as soon as the blades are disengaged the Kohler engine is humming along fine. The engagement switch has 4 electrodes which were dirty and cleaned, but that did not make a difference. I see there are two fuses one 25 and one 30. Each looks fine, but does anyone have experience with this problem? Does it seem worth just trying fuse replacement?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The ignition circuit is totally seperate from the PTO circuits, they have absolutely nothing in common except both using the mower body for ground connection.
When you turn on the blades you put a load on the engine and the governor allows the throttle to open wider.
It also puts an electrical load on the engine.
it also sets up vibrations.

Now as it only happens with the blade turning, the first place to look is at the blade system.
Check that all of the blades & pulleys turn freely.
With the belt disconnected you should be able to spin the blade with your little finger.
Start with the blades & deck because it is the easiest bit to check.

bobtny55

Forum Newbie
Threads
The ignition circuit is totally seperate from the PTO circuits, they have absolutely nothing in common except both using the mower body for ground connection.
When you turn on the blades you put a load on the engine and the governor allows the throttle to open wider.
It also puts an electrical load on the engine.
it also sets up vibrations.

Now as it only happens with the blade turning, the first place to look is at the blade system.
Check that all of the blades & pulleys turn freely.
With the belt disconnected you should be able to spin the blade with your little finger.
Start with the blades & deck because it is the easiest bit to check.
Thanks bertsmobile1 for the information. when I get home, and are able, I will check out your recommendation.