Toro 7.25 B&S no hot start

DerekSmith

Forum Newbie
Threads
Installed new carb, filter, plug, coil, auto choke thermostat, fuel filter, fresh gas , two oil changes the machine starts and runs great but takes about fifteen pulls to start after it sits after three minutes. The choke is open and there is spark when hot. If I hit it with starting fluid it will fire while hot. What am I missing?

thanks
Derek
Orlando, Fl

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Did you install a Briggs OEM carb, or get get ne off Amazon?

DerekSmith

Forum Newbie
Threads
It’s a Amazon carb but I had same thing going on on a OEM but it was a old original carb, good point. Thank you I’ll switch out with another oem I have here that works.

DerekSmith

Forum Newbie
Threads
It’s a Amazon carb but I had same thing going on on a OEM but it was a old original carb, good point. Thank you I’ll switch out with another oem I have here that works.
UPDATE: Rivets you are 100% correct the old OEM carb fixed my hot starting problem, I just put a new bowl gasket on the old carb and she purrs. Thanks learned my lesson on cheap Amazon Carbs!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thank you for letting us know, most goys won’t do that.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Thanks learned my lesson on cheap Amazon Carbs!
Now you know why most professional don't use these aftermarket; unless, it is a have to case. Even then we have to make mods to them most times just to get them to work.