Toro 20340 - Add Push Button Start

latinoking085

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and wanted some advise on adding a Push Button Start to the Toro 20340 mower. Has it been done, is it possible and if so can anyone gave some advice. Push Button starters are fairly cheap in my area and come with the wiring harness. Thanks for any information you can provide.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If your flywheel does not have a ring gear on it, I doubt that it is possible, as I don’t is that a flywheel with a ring gear is available. Personally I wouldn’t spend that amount of money or time on that engine. Probably the cheapest engine Briggs produces right now.

upupandaway

Threads
LK085 - If your mower has this motor: https://www.toro.com/~/media/Images...hash=84BAC30B77E6B789E4059C54E6DD3FE48A177F60

then it is not too dificult in that replace the flywheel with one that has the teeth, and bolt on a starter motor.

I forget if mine had a piece that popped off or if u would need to cut the slot where the starter gear would go. Mine without start has the screw holes for a starter like mine WITH elec start.
The rest is basic wiring, and making a place to place the battery.

latinoking085

Forum Newbie
Threads
@Rivets You are right. It is not best to spend the time and money. I saw a cheap push button start on ebay for another model toro and was thinking, "what the heck maybe it could work". But I'm not going to bother. Thanks for your input as well @upupandaway