to you chainsaw experts... poulan or craftsman chainsaws? any good?

metz12

Threads
  • / to you chainsaw experts... poulan or craftsman chainsaws? any good?
Any of you guys experienced in poulan or craftsman chainsaws? Im looking to buy a cheaper saw for backup but im not sure about them. I use my husqvarna 345 with an 18inch bar and i love it. so i would like another 18" bar. any input would be great thanks.

tybilly

Threads
theyre the same thing,made by electrolux the same as smaller husqvarna.just go by price,

Parkmower

Threads
I have a small top handle 14" craftsman at home that I love. At work have exact same saw in orange and says Husqvarna. Both are old but work great. I've dropped some pretty big trees with my little craftsman.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
theyre the same thing,made by electrolux the same as smaller husqvarna.just go by price,

Sounds like chain saws, like everything else nowadays, is getting confusing when brand shopping because there may be 20 different "brands' with only about 4-5 "manufacturers". And the "same manufacturer" brands have a wide range of pricing(for what ends up being the same product:0(
Personally, I wish there was some way to force companies to make sure you know what you are buying where you don't end up paying more money for "a different color"!!!

metz12

Threads
It looks nice, but it doesn't look as durable as the Echo chainsaws. Just my opinion.

This thing is really in my price range. i dont think I need an echo saw because this is for my backup. its going to be the saw I take up with me when my hausqvarnas chain loosens or the chain snaps. I can just grab this and finish until this one loosens or whatever.

Threads
This thing is really in my price range. i dont think I need an echo saw because this is for my backup. its going to be the saw I take up with me when my hausqvarnas chain loosens or the chain snaps. I can just grab this and finish until this one loosens or whatever.

It IS very cheap! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

possum

Threads
I have used a Poulan 3416 for several years. It has been a good homeowner saw. If you do your own service or have no ill feelings to use and toss it will get you by. The one year warranty is a joke around here as service centers are really not interested in working on them and are far and few in between with long waits. Mine has owed me nothing after the first tankful of gas. People like them or hate them. If I was to buy one today for the same use I would either go to the nearby Stihl dealer and buy one of those cheapo homeowner saws or to my local MTD dealer and buy a cheap Tanaka. When I moved here I did not know anyone or the locations of local dealers, so I bought hardware store stuff.