Tired, literally and figuratively

csaws

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am beyond keeping these garbage turf tires. I need some lug tires. I know the current tire is 20x12x10. Are there any lugged tire options? The current tires spin on dry chicken poop.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You should be able to find some suitable tyres at your friendly ATV shop.
Take the big wallet with you
Sand tyres will give the best balance between grip & ripping up your grass
Most people who complain about no traction are running on over inflated tyres
The side walls say some thing like 40 psi but they should be between 8 & 15 psi

csaws

Forum Newbie
Threads
I’ll try the tire pressure thing but I seriously doubt it’s gonna help with my traction issue.

Oh and also I don’t care if the “lugs” tear up the yard I’m not some yard freak I mow my yard so it looks nice but it gets mowed when I have time or just to annoy the lady across the street. She is fanatical about her yard being the shortest and well I may just push buttons based on when I mow.

Between my yard and the elderly neighbors yard we cut are some hilly areas that would benefit us to have lugged tires. We don’t live in a flat area of our state and don’t have pool table flat lawns.

now back to my original question.

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Why are you biting the hand that feeds you? Bert gave you some valuable advice, but you are blowing him off. I doubt you’ll get much better advice than what you’ve been given with your attitude. Your just another guy who says “I don’t like your advice so you must be an idiot “. Maybe your should have taken your win advice and stayed away from this forum.

csaws

Forum Newbie
Threads
Why are you biting the hand that feeds you? Bert gave you some valuable advice, but you are blowing him off. I doubt you’ll get much better advice than what you’ve been given with your attitude. Your just another guy who says “I don’t like your advice so you must be an idiot “. Maybe your should have taken your win advice and stayed away from this forum.
You should go back and read that I said I would try the air pressure adjustment. Sand tires are paddle tires as far as I know so that’s not helpful info at all.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Take your own advice, as we are not an immediate answer form. We can only help those who don’t think they are smarter than us.

csaws

Forum Newbie
Threads
You should be able to find some suitable tyres at your friendly ATV shop.
Take the big wallet with you
Sand tyres will give the best balance between grip & ripping up your grass
Most people who complain about no traction are running on over inflated tyres
The side walls say some thing like 40 psi but they should be between 8 & 15 psi
Bert, so I can air the rear tires on this mower down to as low as 8 lbs? Or is the 8 lbs for the fronts and the 15 lbs you mentioned is for the rears?

csaws

Forum Newbie
Threads

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You would be giving up 2 inches in width but they will fit those 10 inch rim.