Time Cutter deck lift pedal

WiTimeCutter

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all,I just purchased a Toro Time Cutter 50" with MyRide. So far I love the machine, the only thing I am not so sure about is the deck lift pedal. I am a larger guy, 6'2" 370lb and I find it difficult to get my foot to the pedal as my knee makes contact with the control arm. I am wondering if anyone has modified the pedal to allow easier use of the foot pedal. I am thinking of using the hole for the foot peg and extending the peg forward toward the front of the machine to make it easier to get to the pedal.Anyone have thoughts or suggestions on this?

BudLight72

Threads
I have the same issue but at this point haven’t considered looking for a solution. I’ll take a look to see if I can come up with some ideas. I do think any changes will need to be capable of handling what I consider to be the fairly high pressures you put on that pedal to get the deck to move up. Mine is a 42” and doesn’t come with the lift pedal. I ordered and installed the lift pedal myself.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry to ask a stupid question, but why are you trying to adjust deck height with the control arms in the run position? If you use the deck lift pedal, when the arms are out, you should not be making contact with them.

BudLight72

Threads
Sorry to ask a stupid question, but why are you trying to adjust deck height with the control arms in the run position? If you use the deck lift pedal, when the arms are out, you should not be making contact with them.
You use the pedal to lift the deck when we get into a situation where it’s going scalp the grass. So it’s just a quick lift then right back down to the standard cutting height as you pass across the high spot.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
To be honest with you, I’ve never heard of the deck lift being used this way.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Rivets- I have used my deck lift pedal on my former Toro & Liberty, while mowing down back & last minute I spot a baseball or something in the un-cut grass that I'm heading for. Quick lift to save the blades etc.. (y)

To the OP, Yes modify to suit your needs. Warranty ? Could be affected, depends on Dealer should you need to have it taken in..

PS: The control arms / lap bars are adjustable, & you should be able to move them up one hole for additional leg clearance..

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Ok, but I would stop and pick up the ball and keep my cutting height equal and looking good. I just in your case speed overtakes looks. To each his own.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ok, but I would stop and pick up the ball and keep my cutting height equal and looking good.
Yes same here, but have had incidents where the ball was not noticed till it was gonna be mowed over.. Then I back up & p/up ball & mow clean at same height, of course.. I'm cutting @ 4.5" tall on Fescue.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Just because people need to know that you using it that way doesn’t make it right. As I said to each his own, I can’t control how you use your equipment, but I can let others know why certain things were designed certain ways. Read my signature!