the Murphy's Law week in review

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
So far this past week has been quite a downer Thursday Fedex lost my 6 week backorder shipment of a part for a warranty pressure washer repair. and yesterday ruptured the braxial tendon in my right arm, and appears that it will require surgical repair. I will be mostly out of commission for weeks, Won't be able to crank engines(chain saws, weedeaters, pushmowers, etc) or pull on wrenches that require bracing from the other arm.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Sorry to hear about the physical problems.

And here I was thinking I was having a bad day Saturday with my blood pressure dropping suddenly to 80/40 from 150/98. Dizzy as heck all day. Then having burred vision Sunday morning. Just hoping I got a bad BP pill. I know they haven't been working very well lately so they might have put all the meds in one pill as I have been having to take 1-1/2 pills a day.

Other than that three vendors not returning emails all last week. Will be on the phone this morning calling them. Probably get a lot run around especially from Hydro Gear as I got find what involved in becoming a dealer in order to get parts and complete new units warrantied. Gardner won't warranty then unless I am a dealer. I got a Bad Boy down with RH hydro bad that either needs a complete replacement or a major rebuild.

As for parts delivery it seems all the delivery companies are screwing up the last year. USPS is finally getting better with on time deliveries. They took a couple times to bearing three weeks on a three day priority shipment. UPS has lately been getting packages in Nashville and sending to Montgomery instead of Tullahoma before they finally get here. Takes an extra day to get the parts in. Don't usually get FedEx packages except when I order parts from Jacks.

But I just ordered some oil (30 qts of SAE15W50-SYN) from Walmart that supposed to be here Tuesday via FedEx. I am out of the oil and none of the local stores has it. Boy getting Walmart to accept my state's tax exemption took nearly two weeks. They nit picked things to extremes then they I have to go it again with the local stores as the current setup only cover online purchases. I reckon that is what I had to put up to save nearly $100+ on that grade of oil.

So glad it is the end of the season and I will be able to start a major cleaning of shop and do physical inventory so I can finally get my computer updated. Still finding problems two years later from the software update screw-up. Back then I did only a 50% physical of the most used parts. But first I got to get more storage bins as I have added a lot of parts from special purchases. There is only so much room in that two car garage. I got parts in two rooms of my home now that needs to be out in the shop.

I also got to finish burying the Cat 6 cable to my shop so I can get the computer back in the shop. Having to walk numerous times a day to office that is 600 ft away is getting aggravating as I can't watch the shop while at the office. I was going to setup a WiFi system after my last one died but the system I got requires me to have a smart phone to set it up. The company advertising said they had software for my computer to do it but they now say they don't so I got with useless equipment.

Some days I wonder why I work for myself. It would be better to let someone else to deal with all the headaches.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Other than that three vendors not returning emails all last week. Will be on the phone this morning calling them. Probably get a lot run around especially from Hydro Gear as I got find what involved in becoming a dealer in order to get parts and complete new units warrantied. Gardner won't warranty then unless I am a dealer. I got a Bad Boy down with RH hydro bad that either needs a complete replacement or a major rebuild.

As for parts delivery it seems all the delivery companies are screwing up the last year. USPS is finally getting better with on time deliveries. They took a couple times to bearing three weeks on a three day priority shipment. UPS has lately been getting packages in Nashville and sending to Montgomery instead of Tullahoma before they finally get here. Takes an extra day to get the parts in. Don't usually get FedEx packages except when I order parts from Jacks.
Hydrogear will pay 3 hours plus parts for repair or 1 hour labor plus the cost of the complete unit for warranty. If complete unit replaced will have to sent complete unit to hydrogear for warranty evaulation. If they determine failure not warranty you get billed the cost of the complete unit. Hydrogear will only warranty replacement units not covered by the original warranty for 90 days if you install the unit or as is if sold over the counter.

And I have to contact Gardner today about the lost Fedex shipment. They are my Karcher, and FNA distributor.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well that the same do in house on complete units as I give 90 days warranty on complete units. Which with it being end of the season comes out as no warranty as there will no use of the mower. This means I cover the failures even if the OEM doesn't this why I having second thoughts on doing the Bad Boy hydro replacement. Might just send it to someone else that can afford to lose a $1000 on failure.

And if my luck is as usual they would deny warranty coverage on just about everything just like most engine companies deny warranty coverage as fuel related issue.

Now just got find out if they would require me to stock a lot of parts that I don't have the room for.

Right now it sounds like about the only good thing is lower parts cost.

Getting warranty coverage on about anything now days is nearly impossible even when their tech support agrees the part has failed under warranty. It comes down the manufacture assumes no responsibility for defective parts. Briggs and Kohler dealers will not even cover parts that you don't buy directly from them or at least that local policy. I had write off 4 Briggs fuel solenoids that came in defective because A&I (the distributor I brought the parts from) would not warranty the parts. Guess what, I am no longer one of their dealers because of this and other problems I had with them.

What's worst the customers never read the warranty fully to see that they written in such a way the manufacture covers nothing if they chose not cover it their faults.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads

What's worst the customers never read the warranty fully to see that they written in such a way the manufacture covers nothing if they chose not cover it their faults.
I run into that issue with MTD/Yard Man/Yard machine/Remington all the time. Customer will call about an issue with the trimmer head. Warranty specifically excludes spark plug after first scheduled maintenance, air filter, starter rope, starter handle, starter pulley, starter spring, inner spool, outer spool, bump head, bump knob

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Update on injury. I have a high grade almost complete separation of the bicep tendon with the torn pieces retracting 9 mm, and a partial tear of the tendon that caused tennis elbow. Waiting on update from the doctor for treatment plan. Most likely will have surgery in the next week. Then start the 3-4 month recovery period.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wow, Sorry to hear, hope you heal fast..

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Update on injury. I have a high grade almost complete separation of the bicep tendon with the torn pieces retracting 9 mm, and a partial tear of the tendon that caused tennis elbow. Waiting on update from the doctor for treatment plan. Most likely will have surgery in the next week. Then start the 3-4 month recovery period.
Gees
I go away for a couple of weeks & look what happens
Hope you heal well and heal soon

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sorry to hear about your tendon hope you have a speedy recovery. We quit doing Briggs warranty work, not our place to do warranty work for free.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes hope IL get better.

We quit doing Briggs warranty work, not our place to do warranty work for free.
Good for you...It is our place to made the OEM whole by doing work for free when it is not our fault. I just signed up for the Hydro Gear dealer program and already thinking it is a mistake. Just ordered my first new transaxle and am getting a surprise $150 shipping charge from Gardner. No mention of it when I placed the order. And look at this nasty note on my invoice.

1667628753002.png
Looks like they are screaming at the top of their lungs.