Tb30r brake interlock switch?

Kpgraci

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey all,
Have a 2014 tb30r. The brake must be depressed to start it but I can find no diagram or reference to a brake interlock switch. I know where all the others are. Does the tb30r have one, and if not how does it require the brake pedal to he depressed to start?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Take the deck off, get the mower up in the air and have some one work the brake pedal
The switch in under the mower floor.

Kpgraci

Forum Newbie
Threads
Take the deck off, get the mower up in the air and have some one work the brake pedal
The switch in under the mower floor.
I have not taken the deck off but I have traced the brake rod from the pedal to the transmission brake lever and can find no switch. The switch is represented in the wiring diagram but does not appear in any of the parts diagrams. According to the wiring diagram there is an orange/black wire running from the PTO switch to the brake switch, I have found that wire but it disappears into the wire harness under the floor...so I still can't locate it. Don't really want to remove the deck.

Kpgraci

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for that but it is not on that diagram either. The switch near the steering column/pedal is the parking brake switch, not the brake switch. The others are the reverse, PTO, and discharge. No brake switch.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Parking brake switch is the brake/clutch switch.

Kpgraci

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hate to disagree with you, but I had the steering column cover off and could clearly see the pedal mechanism and the parking brake switch. The switch is only actuated when the speed lever if in the park position (the speed level depresses the switch), it does not actuate based on pedal movement at all. Just to be sure I'm going to look at it again but I'm 99.9% sure of it. The pedal move the brake rod and the variable speed rod, I'm thinking the switch may be around the speed idler bracket, maybe.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
No problem with disagreement but nearly every mower I work on it is the case. With that in mind I haven't seen A TB 30 R. I only one toy ZTR mower ( 34" cut) on the yard currently. I have seen something similar at Walmart but a guy my size it disappear or look like a clown riding on those toy cars.

Kpgraci

Forum Newbie
Threads
No problem with disagreement but nearly every mower I work on it is the case. With that in mind I haven't seen A TB 30 R. I only one toy ZTR mower ( 34" cut) on the yard currently. I have seen something similar at Walmart but a guy my size it disappear or look like a clown riding on those toy cars.
Lol. No problem. I'm going to figure it out one day.