TB100 Carb Flooding

FarmerDog

Forum Newbie
Threads
I mowed 1/3 of an acre of deep grass and killed the engine several times. It restarted easily each time.
Two hours later I tried to start it and no luck. I cleaned the filter and tried again and no start. Starting fluid got it to run for 3 seconds and then nothing. Then gas began to seep and soak the clean and unobstructed filter. Seems to be carburetor failure.
The machine is two months out of warranty and always been lightly used until last weekend. I'm at my wits end. Thanks for your help, all

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The carb float has failed.
probably some trash suck is the valve
Remove carb , float & valve
Clean them and reassemble
You will need a new air filter but for now run without one till your are sure the problem is fixed

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I mowed 1/3 of an acre of deep grass and killed the engine several times.
Raise the deck up all the way, as high as it will go. All these clippings and trash are getting into the fuel system or maybe old watery gas.
Starting fluid got it to run for 3 seconds and then nothing.
Clue number 1. It wants more fuel.
The machine is two months out of warranty and always been lightly used until last weekend.
Not a warranty issue. 98% are neglected until they won't start. Just some gas and maybe oil. Maintenance gets done when the engine doesn't run.

FarmerDog

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks s
Raise the deck up all the way, as high as it will go. All these clippings and trash are getting into the fuel system or maybe old watery gas.

Clue number 1. It wants more fuel.

Not a warranty issue. 98% are neglected until they won't start. Just some gas and maybe oil. Maintenance gets done when the engine doesn't run.
Thanks for the good advice, one and all. Cleaning the carburetor did the trick.
I do remove the shroud at the end of the year and store it clean.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I do remove the shroud at the end of the year and store it clean.
My man...... You are one of about five in the world LOL. Glad to hear she is running again.