String Trimmers... - opinions? suggestions?

joester

Threads
After many years of keeping my collection of "free to me" string trimmers going, it's time to consolidate and buy new.
I'm looking at Gas trimmers with "attachment capability" and can easily justify the small tiller and pole saw options.... but what brand?
I'm not opposed to paying a little more for a quality tool, but I'm not one to rush out and buy top of the line either unless there is justification with a better product/value.

So if you were asked what brand to chase down for a trimmer/tiller/pole saw combination, which direction would you point?
My current consideration is the Husqvarna 128LD but i find no reviews....

Joe

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Top seller for us is the Echo line, which I have. Second would be Stihl. With both of these you get what you pay for, but I like the longer warranty from Echo.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I like my Maruyama trimmer. Made in Japan and has never let me down in 7 plus years. They have a new machine 5 year commercial warranty. Strongest warranty I've seen. Normally a warranty on commercial use is not that great. Maybe one year at best, maybe more. I've had Echos and Stihls. I would buy an Echo way before a Stihl. My experience, unless you need a chainsaw, stay away from Stihl.

slomo