Starter Solenoid issues

pa4ut

Forum Newbie
Threads
2016 Bad Boy Maverick just lost my second starter I am on my second solenoid? Any idea why this is happening?

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
depends how they fail. If the teeth are all knocked off then it could be the flywheel. If they are burning up check the battery voltage. It may be low. Motors use more current when voltage is low.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And check the voltage between the starter + and the engine then between the starter + and the battery - , both with the starter cranking
They should be the same, if not battery leads need attention or even replacement .

pa4ut

Forum Newbie
Threads
depends how they fail. If the teeth are all knocked off then it could be the flywheel. If they are burning up check the battery voltage. It may be low. Motors use more current when voltage is low.
Thanks fly wheel and starter teeth look fine. Next step it checking the voltage battery is only a year old.

pa4ut

Forum Newbie
Threads
And check the voltage between the starter + and the engine then between the starter + and the battery - , both with the starter cranking
They should be the same, if not battery leads need attention or even replacement .
Thanks that’s my next step,