Squirrel ate my charger

robert574

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey, does anyone have one of those red Troy-bilt Jump Starters like in the picture? I raised a squirrel and it ate the cable (among other things). I put it somewhere and can't find it. The starter says 12VDC, but I've tried some different 12V ones and the charging light doesn't come on.

Can anyone tell me what it says on their charger? Voltage, current and part number if it has one?

Thanks, Bob

Attachments

• Jump Start.jpg
    Jump Start.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

robert574

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, I searched a bunch of websites but they all fuzz out the information and don't tell you what the actual voltage is on the charger or show the diagram which is "+". I've tried 3 different 12VDC AC adapters and none turned on the red charging light and it hasn't taken a charge.

Edit: I found a link today for an SH-DC120400 AC adapter and if you search it comes up as the charger for the JumpStarter. The picture shows a generic 12VDC, 400ma adapter with the center "+". Also I found a listing for a JumpStater it says it comes with a 12V charger. Mine is a few years old, but it was charged and worked fine a few days ago until it need charged again.

Attachments

• jump start adapter 2.jpg
    jump start adapter 2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Jump Start 3.jpg
    Jump Start 3.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
The moral is don't trust a squirrel.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Just wait until the squirrel hormones kick in. It will chew you up too. My brother had a male that was sunning on his forearm. The squirrel got up and proceeded to nail my brother thru the web of his hand and would not turn a loose until he passed out from being choked. I had go find the squirrel and cage as brother throwed him in the cage and throw him in the middle of a field cage and all. I went and let the squirrel out. The squirrel want to come back with me but I made him go on to the trees.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Squirrel is good eating, don't ya know..

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes tree rats are good eating...Just don't killing the petted ones. It assorted like my pet chickens as I consider them family and I would have to be starving to eat a family member. Even through I have been known to BBQ few of my neighbor's kids. The neighbor didn't as they were pain in the butt. But last year the school board came by and why I have sent my kids to school and I told him I just BBQ them over the Summer. I still waiting for the state to show up and arrest me.