Source of large bow tie cotter pins

tylertown

Threads
This is probably a trivial request but can someone direct me to a source of bow tie pins that the loop is large enough for a finger that will fit a craftsman t240 mower.
My last Craftsman mower had these but the t240 has pins that are difficult to pull out because the loop is so small.
I’ve checked Amazon but can’t tell which of the ones they offer will fit and none give the size of the loop.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Go to your local farm tractor repair shop, they should have an assortment from which to choose from.

olgeezershonda

Threads
A farm implement dealer was my first thought as well. Best to support local business IMHO.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Usually these bx tie clips are just OEM supplied; although, I do a source for large quantities. Bags of 100. On the 714-05005 I would need to order one to find its size. Strange that my distributor only has one in stock. Currently I stock the .072" and the .091 versions. I just recently ran into a larger version on JD equipment.

As for being hard to get off just be thankful you are not dealing with the Rue rings that JD uses on their ZTRs. Now those are a pain to get off and on even when you know how.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Yep, local farm supply store or McMaster's online.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
As for being hard to get off just be thankful you are not dealing with the Rue rings that JD uses on their ZTRs. Now those are a pain to get off and on even when you know how.

Best way i found is to grasp the free end with needle nose pliers and pull out till the ring clears the post and slide the pin out. I can pop em off pretty quick now. I like them better than the R rings.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Even then they are hard to get for me inside frame especially if someone had locked them. I thought I was never going get hand in the where the brake linkage was on the Z920M so I pull the transaxle. Someone had locked the Rue ring.